• This topic has 225 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jag61.
Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)
  • Peaks Pootle – 2017
  • nicknack
    Free Member

Thanks all for the ride out. Thoroughly enjoyed today 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Baz even has a photo of Chris riding!

EDIT you’ll have to take my word for it

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Sorry I missed you all for a pint but I had a deadline to get back for.

Shame, cos I was going to promote the Roaches survey I’m doing for Peak District MTB Hint hint 😉

redwoods
    Free Member

stilltortoise – Member
    Sorry I missed you all for a pint but I had a deadline to get back for.

That’s okay, I think NBT had one for you 😉

We thoroughly enjoyed today (first venture out on a bike in 3 months!) – so glad we managed to mostly catch you up and apologies for being a bit late 😳

(Thanks Onzadog for helping me out of the puddle that claimed me by the shooting cabins)

nbt

I’m leathered now but I had a cracking ride and I’ve cleaned my bikes. That fish finger butty was mint, and so were all three pints. Burp

MartynS

Another apology for not making the pub…
    in-laws in da house…!

Good to see the return of the pootle, obviously the mostest awsumest bit was up and round the quarry and chinley churn. Pook and Nbt didn’t do that bit…;-)

mildbore

Well nobody pulled me out when I fell in a puddle, they were too busy laughing (where were you, Onzadog?)

h4muf
    Free Member

What a great day! Cheers to Pook and Jules etc for organising and looking after us!
    Thanks for the flapjack/cake etc too! Stroll on the next one!

Lee (Grey Vitus)

https://goo.gl/photos/vek4pgmoM2T7cP4CA

steel4real
    Free Member

That was a good day out – myself & Jacqui enjoyed it 🙂

Thanks to all for organising, food & company.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Pook

Great ride today everyone. Really glad you enjoyed it and made some new friends.

If anyone took pics/vids and wants them in the Pootle vid, whack them in here and I might get round to it!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-TAnYRARLStQ2JoeEtGWkxGSW8

And thanks everyone for your humbling generosity – mountain rescue and PDMTB are going to benefit from ~£40, which goes much further than you’d expect.

Anyway, there you go. Great to have you all on the ride. Nice to see faces new and old. Tasks for you….

– do Dan’s roaches survey up there
    – join PDMTB
    – clean your bike
    – look forward to the next one!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mildbore, I only helped redwoods out of the puddle because
    1) we’re married.
    2) it was my bike.
    3) she had the car keys.

Pook

Hora asks

“Question- who is the tall bloke, dark hair on on a Cotic Soul?”

I think you’ve pulled

dawson

Great day out, thanks for organising.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

clean your bike

I gave it a wipe down at the car. That’ll do.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Great ride out on a lovely day with great company; the trails were way better than they’ve been recently which was nice.

Roaches survey done!

Iain – orange Solaris

solarpowered
    Free Member

That was ace everyone thank you so so much! I can still say for 100% I have NEVER met a grumpy, horrible MTB-er! 😀
    Jackie- wanted to chat to you more as you seemed lovely! Emmy it was great chatting to you… Paul, that cake was nom nom!
    Thank you everyone for being so patient, warm, welcoming and happy 🙂 And thanks to all those doing the gates – of which I only got one- oh well!
    Pook…… YOURE ACE!! X

Ben_mw

Thanks to all those involved in the organisation of this, and to those who led at various points during the day. Really enjoyed my day, some lovely descents, and good to catch up with a few people I haven’t seen for a while.

Ben – Black Soul.

mintimperial

Yep, cheers folks! Smashing ride, great to see some folks I’ve not seen in years, and lovely to meet some new people too. Have some shonky phone pics:

Looking forward to the next one!

Tom, green Rocket (the normal-sized one, not the Rocket MAX).

markcurtains
    Free Member

Looks like a good time was had by all

Markcurtains and those who can’t come. There’ll be more this year i should think.

Hope so, I remembered that this is the reason I signed up on the forum after meeting you on a Ride Sheffield dig 😀

BadlyWiredDog

That was ace everyone thank you so so much! I can still say for 100% I have NEVER met a grumpy, horrible MTB-er!

You didn’t talk to me then 😐 Anyway, thanks for a very enjoyable few hours, nice meeting everyone, sorry we took off from the diagonal bastard field without really saying goodbye properly, Ali was starting to get cold.

And finally, thanks Pook and NBT for your organisational and guiding skills.

Oh, Jon on the blue antique Mmmbop mobile mudguard and Ali on the orange Cotic Soul. Forum name badges next time… 😉

stilltortoise
    Free Member

antique Mmmbop

Antique? They’re not that old are they???

Since we’re doing this, I was Dan on the awesome orange Bandit. 26″, so I guess also an antique 😆

BadlyWiredDog

Antique? They’re not that old are they???

It feels that way – after the sheer, adulterated awesomeness of 650b+ on the Transmitter, anything else is moribund, FACT!

Pook

Pook.

I was also on Dan’s orange bandit

bigdean

In the spirit of things.
    Dean, stump jumper 29er.

Thanks to Pook and NBT for everything they did. A very enjoyable social ride with some great trails.
    Dan,green Rocket MAX.

jag61

as predicted got no sympathy at home for my OTB but thanks to whoever pulled me up and I thought 29er were supposed to smooth the trail? only ridden it three times with 2 offs! a great day out thanks to all.
    John (genesis tarn )

Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘Peaks Pootle – 2017’ is closed to new replies.