• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Peaks around Marple Lakes/New Mills
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve got the book from NW MTB centre with 12 routes around the area, I’m slowly getting where everything is in my head. Just wondering if anyone has any other routes I could seek out or any advice on the area.

nbt

where do you live? You;re welcome to join us for rides, we’ve an informal group, much better than trying to explain online

MartynS

Loads!!

I’m out and about at the mo so I’m not going to write out a massive long list on my phone!!
    Your more than welcome to email me and I’ll point you in the direction of some of the stuff I enjoy.
    Happy to do a guided tour at some point as well if you like

Martyn

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Hello chaps, I live in Offerton. I normally cycle through poise brook and up past Rose Hill Station and enter the lakes that way and go from there using the guide.

I’ll drop you an email now Martyn, if anyone wants to contact me my email is jonnyhindley at Hotmail dot co dot uk

nbt

mailed you

IHN

mailed you

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

scaled
    Free Member

The best downhills in the area are fast, rocky, wide and loose. There be no singletrack ‘ere (mostly)

Little Mill descent (Rowarth) – slaby, rocky and fast apart form the puddle –
    Linnet Clough – pretty much a stream 99.5% of the year but it’s fast and loose, can be a bit muddy halfway down –
    Zig – 40 second blast in a straight line down some rocks, it’s just a speed trap really 😀
    Strawberry golf course – resurfaced a couple of years ago, it’s not back to a water eroded gully, probably best to ride up it first to see what sort of nick it’s in before flying down there at 20+

Most of the good ones are on this loop (don’t think there’s any cheek on there):

https://www.strava.com/activities/585791058/segments/14255787702

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve done zig and linnet clough, love those! I’ll look through my strava to see if I’ve done the others, I’d like to be able to link all the good routes into one big loop

nbt

Strawberry golf course – resurfaced a couple of years ago, it’s not back to a water eroded gully, probably best to ride up it first to see what sort of nick it’s in before flying down there at 20+

oooh that reminds me, they’re going to close the valley bottom track from Windy Bottom Farm all the way to “Capri farm”. The descent known as Strawberry (Strawberry Hill is actually on the other side of the railway ) finishes on the trail to be closed but the council have a lovely habit of not telling you about the closure at the entry point to a dead-ended trail, no, they only tell you whwn you reach the closure…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Peaks around Marple Lakes/New Mills’ is closed to new replies.