Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Peak of ale-craft? Your beer to rule all?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

1. Which beer would you proudly emblazon on a cycling cap/jersey?

2. Will you be having one tonight?

Me..

Nope. Stuck in the SW for awhile. Blimmin nice weather – blimmin sorry ales. 4 quid 20 for a pint of cloudy brown vinegar? Pfffft

Northwind

Gluten free peroni. Because it’s peroni and therefore drinkable on all occasions, and it doesn’t cause my gut to explode.

But tonight I think I’ll be having a gf old speckled hen, or maybe this unpronouncable hungarian thing that seems to be officially a breakfast beer.

ton

ilkley mary jane.
    magic rock ringmaster.

both just perfect.

jimmy

Black Isle Blonde.

Ooh, or Ceasar Augustus.

Wait, LAFF Steam Beer.

The LAFF would make the best jersey in my mind so that, and maybe I just will have one tonight now, thanks.

lowey

I will be getting nailed on this tomorrow night.

Yak

Been drinking Upham Brewery’s Stakes recently. Winner right now for me and would make a good jersey too in a black with a rapha/torm stripe style. I think the brewer on here too…?

john_l
    Free Member

Just popped a couple of Neck Oil’s in the fridge. Had a fair bit to choose from, but then I do own a bar….. 🙂

mrchrispy

something by cloudwater with cirtra in the name.
    ALWAYS ASWSOME

jimdubleyou

I’d have that on a jersey, and the ABV wouldn’t be far off 🙂

Probably won’t have one tonight as I’m playing pool with a mate in a club that only serves John Smiths or shit lager.

prawny

I’m partial to a bit of Sam Adams Boston Lager at the moment, wouldn’t commit to it though, beer depends on the weather as much as anything else.

Not having one tonight though, I had 2 at lunch.

coomber
    Free Member

Not sure where you are but Beer Cellar in Exeter has a good selection. Anywhere else it’s mainly Otter brewery and the like and very middle of the road.

IHN

It already exists:

jekkyl

I was in Keswick last weekend and the keswick brewery do an ale called KSB and I enjoyed that immensely. If I’m a pub with a decent range I tend to order a blonde ale if there is one. I like Erdinger or Leffe. My go to beer in a pub is usually Peroni if they have it or Stella. My drink it at home beer is Stella. I’m no beer snob 🙂

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I rather like this, and would make a decent jersey (though logo T-shirts aren’t really my thing)

I’ll certainly be having some beer tonight. I’ll grab a couple of these if the supermarket has any.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Bah, duff URL. What meant to post was the pansexual most-intensely quaffable queen/king Quing of ale-craft …

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Jennings Lakeland Ale, or Cockahoop

theteaboy
    Free Member

Timothy Taylor’s Boltmaker
    Saltaire blonde
    Duval
    Adnams do an amazing earl-grey infused lager and this has reminded me to investigate whether they do online orders!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not sure where you are but Beer Cellar in Exeter has a good selection.

Caaarnwaaal Aledeath Brownwater’s Kingdom

Thanks for the tip-off. Might be due for Exeter trip in a mo as good friend is currently at the hospital in the birthing stirrups. Need moar beeeer!

epicsteve
    Free Member

mattyfez

Highwire.

Or Saltaire cascade.

I’ve got a thing for American style ale at the moment.

richardkennerley

+1 for Highwire

Pretty find of Brooklyn lager as well

beej

I don’t tend to buy the same thing twice, but one I have done is Tiny Rebel’s Clwb Tropicana.

thejesmonddingo

Oakham Citra,Magic Rock Highwire,Magic Rock Punchline.Luckily,for my liver,not often available in Barnsley.

beej

And for tonight I have a Renegade Brewery “White Rabbit” from their pilot range. A Trappist inspired pale ale, apparently. It’s a local one, the brewery is about 10 miles away.

colournoise

jonostevens
    Free Member

Loving this at the moment. Brewed just down the road, proper drinkable.

slowoldman

There isn’t one.

john_l
    Free Member

I don’t tend to buy the same thing twice, but one I have done is Tiny Rebel’s Clwb Tropicana.

Try Darkstar’s Not into Yoga pale ale, if you like that – not quite as full on, but really drinkable!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Has to be Kernel ale for me, just lovely. In Poland at the moment and there are so many great beers. Had s lovely spelt/honey one earlier.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

RobHilton
    Free Member

My fave: supreme champion 2016 (not of crufts).

Just had one – t’was nommy!!

Now on Siren ‘white’ stout – tis weird…

porlus
    Free Member

Too many to choose from. But as a treat Sam Smith chocolate stout is lovely. Easily the best beer they brew.

niksnr
    Free Member

Sharps – Atlantic

thenorthwind

Allendale Wolf. No, Tar Bar’l. No, Wolf. No Tar Bar’l. Argh!

samunkim
    Free Member

Refreshing ale with a unique hoppy aroma and well-balanced bitterness that is bound to satisfy! It is a terrific match with roast lamb and spicy Thai dishes!

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Mmm, I love a lot of Badger ales.

Favourites are Poacher’s Choice and Golden Glory

allthepies
    Free Member

Mentioned already, but

langylad
    Free Member

As a hairy arsed notherner i hate to say it but the badger stuff is lovely.
    Ahopalipse Now from Aldi is rather good as well, don’t be put off by daft name.
    Funkydunk, love that Saltair top. Are they available to the common man?

porlus
    Free Member

Wold top marmalade porter. Nice on tap and bottles. Fresh brew on in a month or two ready for winter.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Funkydunk, love that Saltair top. Are they available to the common man?

I think you can buy them from their shop. You can also get them from All Terrain Cycles, (personally I wouldn’t buy from them since their staff were incredibly rude to my wife)

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/saltaire-brewery-cycling-jersey

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Peak of ale-craft? Your beer to rule all?’ is closed to new replies.