Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Peak District – Snow?
  • cyclepathologist
    Free Member

I can just make out the tops of the hills through a slit in the blind across the office.
    Is there snow on the Peak District hills ( I can’t get webcam past work’s firewall)?

BadlyWiredDog

Yeah, top of Kinder, but it won’t be around for long…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bloody hell I’m glad we went last weekend. My brother even managed to get sunburn!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I saved my weekend ride for Sunday and was slogging through sleet and headwind. Not fun. Annoyingly the sun is out today and I’m stuck inside.

BadlyWiredDog

It’s beautiful today. Sunday was slightly less beautiful, but it looks nice. Where’s my road bike…

glenh
    Free Member

A few miles north of the peaks, but I got caught in a sideways snow storm on the tops yesterday on my ride. Quite unpleasant.

Pook

that’s happened to me before glen. grim.

SBrock
    Free Member

Well it hasn’t rained today, so tomorrow I’m planning the kinder circuit it shouldn’t be too gloopy shouuld it?

tops5
    Free Member

Snow/sleet all the way round Ladybower yesterday, stopped just as we got to the cars 🙁

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Weather put me off going at all yesterday and I was in a bad mood all day as as result. Taking the p… when the sun shone at the end of the day and then all day today!

cp

I loved that weather yesterday. Wet, sleet, snow, horizontal, bike all over the shop on racing ralphs! What I didn’t like was the grit around Hayfield destroying my brake pads, requiring a half hour walk back, which meant I lost all my TQ points!

doh.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yup, there was snow on the (high) ground over Kinder/Rushup across to Mam Tor. Properly horrible, but today was lovely, and most of the snow had gone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Peak District – Snow?’ is closed to new replies.