Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Peak District Routes – Eyam/Stoney Middleton/Calver Area
  • mr_p

Does anyone know some decent routes around the Eyam/Stoney Middleton/Calver area?

I'm riding from Stoney Middleton at the weekend and in the past I've usually done variations on the same route heading down to Bakewell (similar to this one – Eyam route)

JustGoRide
    Free Member

We've got loads of routes in the Peak District on our site.. here's a few around that area..

Stoney Middleton Quarry Trail

Calver Circuit

Baslow

mr_p

Cheers for those, i'll have to have a look at the site later when i'm not at work. Can I download to OS format to print or would I need some kind of GPS device?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

There's an OS format on the site, just click on the OS icon in top right hand corner of the Route Viewer. Some of the routes don't fully fit in the OS frame though at some zoom levels. You can download the routes as a GPX files and load them into Memory Map if you are having issues. Let me know if you need any help!

mr_p

No worries, I can probably just use a good old fashioned map once I can see where the routes go

JustGoRide
    Free Member

I tweaked the OS map page last night so that it re-sizes when you resize your browser window. It should hopefully make the maps easier to scale and print! 🙂

simon1975

Nice website JustGoRide! I've just signed up and added a route. I've been using bikehike & everytrail but yours beats Everytrail with the OS mapping included.

What's the best way to print the OS 50k maps from there?

Can I change the distance / height units to miles and feet?

Cheers,
    Simon

scruff
    Free Member

Sorry, but where are the GPX downloads? I canny see them.

JustGoRide
    Free Member

What's the best way to print the OS 50k maps from there?

Can I change the distance / height units to miles and feet?

You should just be able to print the OS map through your browser. The site styles should drop off leaving a plan map and JustGoRide logo.

In your profile there is an option to 'Edit Rider Profile'. Under the Site Settings tab you can switch the measurements to statute!

EDIT: just realised you mentioned 50k maps.. We don't scale the maps at the moment so it prints whichever zoom level fits your route. I'll have a think about how I can improve this!

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Sorry, but where are the GPX downloads? I canny see them.

In the top right hand side of the Route Viewer there's an icon to download the route either to a Garmin GPS or as a GPX file. You need to be signed in to do this (It is free to sign up though) 😉

simon1975

Thanks for answering my questions. Sorted 🙂

I guess I just meant "Landranger" rather than 50k mapping – it's the map type that matters to me rather than the scale (i.e. 50k Landranger and 25k Explorer show the details on rights of way that I need).

If you're going to play with map print functionality (scales etc) then I think it would be useful if you could ensure that grid refs are always visible on the printout (perhaps in the margins somewhere) – often I end up printing small bits of maps and then worry that I wouldn't be able to give an OSGR to the emergency services if something went horribly wrong…

simon1975

Oh – and a direction arrow on the routes would be handy!

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Good ideas, I'll have a look when I get a moment. I've knee deep in other enhancements at the moment but I'l definetly have a look into the direction and grid refs!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Routes – Eyam/Stoney Middleton/Calver Area’ is closed to new replies.