Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Peak District routes
  • billysugger
    Free Member

What’s yer favorite peak district ride? Done a little bit of walking round Ladybower area but that’s about all.

Looking to get a day in Wed/Thurs.

I did a forum search but nothing came up. I know there’s been this kind of thread before so feel free to call me a nobber and paste the link in if you like.

EDIT Probably somewhere people wouldn’t find a skeleton in 6 months time as I’m going solo.

Going out local now so if I don’t reply til later it’s not because I’m being ignorant. Cheers.

fathomer

I asked the same a while back, got some very good responses:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/peaks-routes

jambalaya
    Free Member

I picked up some good advice on here, lots of threads.

There is lots of riding options around Ladybower, Edale, Hope. 18bikes in Hope have maps with suggested routes and guide books.

Personally of the three rides I did (Ladybower, Jacobs Ladder, Castleton) I enjoyed the one suggested by @pook the most, I rode this alone midweek – Edate, Hollins Cross, Mam Tor, Rushup Edge, Roych Clough, Coldwell Clough, Jacobs Ladder, Edale

thepodge
    Free Member

Pook / Chris is keeper of the Peak. He knows all the local routes

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Email if you want some GPX of untraditional peaks fayre that is not 100% legit but great riding

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The one jumbalaya said “Edale Classic Loop”: clockwise from Barber(sp?) Booth is prolly my fav quick blast in the peak. (Virtually) No road & great views of the cement factory from Hollins Cross, I’ve ridden it alone a few times & mid week its pretty quiet but someone always wanders past eventually.

Although I did ride a few (new to me) bits nearer Sheffield last weekend – notably the descent off Stanage Edge, the Plantation, Devils elbow & some other singletrack nr a mushroom shaped rock.
    Thanks to Phil for guiding 😉 cheers big man!

aguesty1
    Free Member

I did the on Jambalaya has said as well, there are some slightly challenging ascents on the bike! 😳

billysugger
    Free Member

I need to have a read of that thread ^.

Maybe going into 18 bikes is my best bet. No GPS so a map needeth I.

Where’s the pook when you need him?

Cheers all

jambalaya
    Free Member

@biily – drop me an email. Definitely go into 18bikes anyway.

All hail the pook !

Pook

evening all.

billy, drop me an email with what you’re after and I’ll gpx you up

billysugger
    Free Member

Done.

No mad rush fella. Looking like Thurs

Fantombiker

Another less well travelled route is Gradbach-macc forest-cat and fiddle-three shires-gradbach. I got a gps file if you need….chrs N

crispo
    Free Member

Slight hi-jack but what about the White Peak. Me and the missus are going to Chatsworth House on a saturday for a concert with my parents. We are going to stay over nearby so might as well try and get out for a couple of hours on Sunday morning.

Anyone recommend something down that way?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

chatsworth loop will be shite and very muddy, longstone edge would be better

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Fantom – I’ll take the GPX if you don’t mind – email in my profile.

thepurist

Another hijacker – I;m out that way on Fri – will the Bakewell/Longstone Edge route be mostly rideable at the mo?

andeh

If it makes any difference, my current favorite descent in the Peaks is Mam Tor – Greenlands, it was mega-quick when we had that lovely dry spell.

That said, I’m a Peaks noobie compared to some. Hopefully after a few Pootles I’ll earn some sort of jacket or badge?

BadlyWiredDog

Hopefully after a few Pootles I’ll earn some sort of jacket or badge?

Trench foot more like. Or failing that, hypothermia or maybe gangrene… 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Peak District routes’ is closed to new replies.