Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Peak District Night Ride
  • adsbatts89
    Free Member

Thinking of giving it a go soon. Does anybody do it regularly? Anyone given it a go before?

jekkyl

I wouldn’t do it alone bud, it’s tricky enough in the day.

monksie
    Free Member

My commute home from now until Spring is in the dark through the Peak District. Off road twice a week at least. It’s just like riding in the day but it’s dark. Except for where you’ve lit the trail with your light(s). Nobody from my work rides mountain bikes and lives out this way so I have no choice but to do it on my own.In fact, I mostly prefer riding on my own. I’ve not died yet. As far as I’m aware.
    It’s just bike riding, Go and have some fun and don’t over think it.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yep usually on a tue and thur night, nothing like going down the beast or other such rocky trail in the dark

Garry_Lager

Where are you based? They’ll be loads of groups out at night round the edge of the Peak, 50 maybe 100 per week probably, because that’s where people live and the Peak is big.

If you’re talking about getting into the heart of the classic Edale / Hope / Ladybower stuff at night then that’s going to be less common as a regular thing. It’s too far to reach riding out of an evening from somewhere civilised, and most people aren’t interested in a drive out after work for a night ride. Saying that, I bet there must be at least a couple of night rides that go out regular from Hope, say.

If you fancy it then just have at it – no barriers to doing all of your favourite trails at night. Just take it steady on the technical stuff if you’re on your own.

Pook

Yep regularly. Last time I cleared Cavedale was on a night ride.

Me and James are both Sheffield based. You’re welcome to join us!

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Yer, I imagine you would have to knock the enthusiasm down a notch or too to keep it safe.

Pook – Nice one. Would love to join in. I’m living in Sheffield, so not too far to travel.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m aiming to get out more (with James and Pook above) based over Hillsborough side of Sheffield so local, Wharncliffe and the Peak are easy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Night Ride’ is closed to new replies.