Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Peak District Mountain Biking: Dark Peak Trails Book…..
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Was thinking of getting this:

Any recommendations as to whether it is any good for a occasional day tripping newbie (to the area that is)…or should I just lasso locals in to showing me round?

docrobster
    Free Member

It’s a great book
    I have the first edition, the 2nd edition has OS maps so even better.
    The routes are the established classics- I’ve done the majority of them and not been disappointed.
    More importantly, I can’t think of any good routes it misses out.
    Well worth buying if you are thinking of riding in the peaks more than once.
    no brainer

Jaz1979
    Free Member

well worth buying it, have the 2nd edition only done 2 of the routes as I don’t live on the doorstep of the peaks both routes have been amazing

djflexure

Looked at it recently but some of the maps for longer routes were incomplete – full version of book plus trails on a dvd that you can get for £8 from the publisher.

Andituk
    Free Member

Yes, excellent book, all the guides in the range are v. good.

Short review I wrote here..

http://www.andithompson.co.uk/?p=134

crazy-legs

I’ve got the first edition book which had sketch maps, the new one has proper OS maps and much more up to date pics (featuring Cy of Cotic no less).
    First one has some truly dreadful shots in it, either culled from the late 90’s or featuring people who can’t ride… 😉

Great routes though and with a bit of ingenuity you can combine bits from various routes to make your own up.

djflexure

Misinformation alert regarding my last post. Looking at the cd online – its for the first edition. I must have picked up the old book not new second ed.

Andituk
    Free Member

They don’t do the CDs anymore 🙁

Shame as it was great for printing the route you wanted out, but understandable, as you can just save all the files then pass it onto a mate.

snowslave

Yup great book that, well worth having

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Mountain Biking: Dark Peak Trails Book…..’ is closed to new replies.