Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Peak District Holiday Cottage
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

My wife and I are thinking of having a weeks holiday in the peak district mid September. Not particularly bike orientated as she’s not that keen on biking so nice walks, views and pubs are essential. Can anyone recommend a good value 1 or 2 bed holiday cottage or just a particularly nice area to start our search? Thanks.

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    danti

Wirksworth is very quirky with lots of interesting buildings, great views, walks, pubs, Carsington Water, Black Rocks, Tissington Trail, Cromford Canal all nearby.
    Has a festival for a couple of weeks in September – can’t remember which weeks it is though..

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Candle light cottage looks great but might be slightly out of our budget. We’re probably looking at about 350 for the week hopefully.

Will definitely investigate the Wirksworth festival, that sounds good.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Just had a look on holiday lettings. The only Wirksworth accommodation is this – http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/wirksworth/adate1.5007/adate2.5012/bedrooms.1/hom_sleeps_max.2/ don’t think my wife would be too happy.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m a wussa lad originally. I’ll have a scout round after I’ve eaten the feast the wife has rustled up!

woody21
    Free Member

http://www.the-forge-uk.com/

Will sleep 5 or 6 – bring some friends! It’s in Middleton By Youlgrave a few miles from Bakewell

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cottages

All the cottages on the first page are within 3/4 miles or in the town. Lovely place, countless walks/treks/climbs/days out/rides/ etc within the area. It really is a nice place, plenty of pubs and couple of good restaurants for what is a small town.
    Bakewell/Buxton less than 30 mins Matlock/belper. 15mins.

Festival details.

During the festival they also have open house weekends where you can literally wander round the whole town and have a nosy round people’s houses.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Holiday Cottage’ is closed to new replies.