Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • peak district conditions?
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

planning a ride in the peaks this week, any one been recently, is the majority of the area rideable?
    i realise its a pretty general question as its a large area, but any thoughts are welcome.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Hayfield wa fairly dry on Thursday night.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I can’t give you a report from recent experience, although I’ve ridden the Peaks for many years (they’re my ‘local’ trails.

You’ll find the majority of the Peak trails (Hayfield, Edale, Ladybower etc) don’t suffer too much in terms of being excesively muddy or unrideable.

There will be patches where it’s muddy, but overall it won’t be too bad.
    A lot of the trails are rocky and hard-packed so the wet doesn’t really affect them.

Esme
    Free Member

I rode from Hope yesterday – Hope Cross, Jaggers Clough, Edale, Mam Nick, Old Dam, Oxlow Rake, Dirtlow Rake, Pindale. Conditions good, and a lovely easy route

paulo6624
    Free Member

thanks guys well that settles it then off to the peaks, was a toss up between that or landeglla, what sort of distance was that route esme?

Andituk
    Free Member

Did Hope Brink, Blackley Clough and Hagg Farm areas yesterday, and all was fine. Really good in fact, if a bit windy. Few muddy bits, but easily avoided, even the grassy Hope Brink was ok in the most part.

Esme
    Free Member

16 miles, with 2500ft of climbing. Except for the slog from Edale up to Mam Nick (750ft), it was all pretty tame though. I was checking it out ready for a Shecycles easy/social ride in a couple of weeks

sambob
    Free Member

Hobson’s moor was pretty dry today, but as people have said, the peaks is very weatherproof.

iain1775
    Free Member

Cut throat is thrashed, best avoided
    Other than that all other tracks around ladybower area was good condition last sunday

crazy-legs

Esme, try it the other way round. Better route from Mam Nick to Edale certainly although Pindale as a climb is a bit of a drag.

It’s been pretty dry here recently, most of the rocky stuff is alright, I’d avoid Cut Gate or Broad Clough for a bit longer though.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Thanks esme and everyone for their input, sounds like it’s worth a day out

Swalsey
    Free Member

Paulo6624 please can you respond to email RE Fox Forks? If not my number is 07963122592.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Forks are sold mate sorry

Swalsey
    Free Member

Please drop me an email to confirm – have you sold them to somebody else after our discussion a week ago, or is it me you have ‘sold’ them to?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘peak district conditions?’ is closed to new replies.