Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Peak District: best way back up from the botom of Devil's Elbow / Blacka
  • flyingmonkeycorps

As per title, usually take the BW over Totley Moor that comes out by the wee car park at the edge of the woods, any better options?

muzzle
    Free Member

From bottom of Devil’s Elbow, turn left onto the main bridleway and then take the bridleway on the right that crosses the stream (where the stepping stones are). Follow that up through the gate. You’ll get to a couple of benches. Keep going up and you’ll eventually get to Stony Ridge car park and the edge of the plantation.

EDIT: I think that might be the way you’re already going when I reread your message. It’s certainly the most rideable way to get back up to the car park.

flyingmonkeycorps

Yup that the way we go. I thought it was probably the best option.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Where are you trying to get to? There’s a variation or 2 depending on your destination, but if it’s just to do laps of Blacka, then ^^ is about the best choice.

(I have ridden up Piper House Gate a time or 2 (turn R at the end of DE), but it’s hard work towards the top!)

muzzle
    Free Member

I have ridden up Piper House Gate

Insanity! 😀

flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve seen JonEdwards climb. From far behind. Nah not doing laps (though we may go up to do the other bridleway) just looping back to Houndkirk Moor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Peak District: best way back up from the botom of Devil's Elbow / Blacka’ is closed to new replies.