Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Peak District Advice Please
  • bitasuite
    Free Member

I’m off to spend a few days in Cheddleton in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on routes. I’ll be taking my road and mountain bikes, the latter is fully rigid. I’m not an excellent technical rider but I’m looking for a challenging ride taking in some of the peaks classic trails. I’ll have access to a car so can start anywhere within about an hour(ish) of Cheddleton (near Leak). If anyone has any suggestions they’d be gratefully received.

Many thanks

jekkyl

You’ve got tons of choice, great access to the white and dark peak from there. How long do you want? time or miles? I’ve preferring the white over the dark lately, I did the linacre classic the other week and loved it and I did the 5 dales route last year and loved that too. There’s loads of routes out of bakewell.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’ll be looking at roughly 30/40 miles or 4-5 hours. I’ll be downloading/creating a gpx file to load on to my Garmin, if anyone has any to share, or know where I can find some online that’d be great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oliverracing

Lots of stuff, and I’ve only ever ridden rigid bikes in the peaks, some of the stuff around Darley Bridge/Rowsley is reasonably smooth but still interesting.

EDIT: here’s a good example of a nice loop in that area https://www.strava.com/activities/305795917

jekkyl

I’ve got all the VB white peak routes as gpx that the author shared with me. I’m at work at the mo but I’ll wang you some over later for the sort of length you’d like and including the 2 I mentioned. If you haven’t been before you could also include Cannock, always a treat and less than 45 minutes driving from ched.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.