Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Peak District Accommodation and rides advice
  • trout
    Free Member

Been googling for a while now and getting fogged up with stuff so thought it better to ask on here .

Planning a weeks trip next year for a group of us and need good self catering accommodation somewhere central to seven good offroad rides .
    or at least close to good riding as we dont mind a bit of vehicle use to get to the good stuff .about 15 persons will be on the trip .

bobbyspangles

john hunt base.

woody21
    Free Member

Not sure which part of the Peak District you will be visiting or the number in your group, this may be of interest- http://www.peakvenues.co.uk

woody21
    Free Member

Oh 15 people – oops

trout
    Free Member

Cheers John Hunt Base looks promising

which are the bestest rides in the peaks between 30 and 60 KMs

trout
    Free Member

Bumping as the weekend is a bad time to ask on here

matthew_h
    Free Member

Are you basing yourself at John Hunt base? There’s plenty of routes to choose from – could show you a few options on the map in the shop if you popped by (18 Bikes, Hope)

simonbowns
    Free Member

oops – posted as Matt then, didn’t realise he was still logged in!

blurty

google orpheuscavingclub

they’re on the South side of Buxton, sleeps many. lots of white peak stuff nearby, Dark peak is 30 mins away

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP IMO the best riding base is around Hope with many good options form the door in various directions. I usually stay in Hathersage as it’s convenient. 15 people self catering is quite an ask so no idea on anything specific.

FWIW I would highly favour the Dark Peak over the White, IMO when people talk about Peak riding they are speaking about the Dark Peak.

vickypea
    Free Member

We do most of our riding in the Dark Peak, and often in the Hope area. I’m not as keen on the slippery limestone in the white peak, but I’m sure others love it.

Dickyboy

we stayed at Homestead & Cheeshouse bunkhouse in Bamford if that is any good, cheap & cheerful if you aren’t adverse to residing in an actual farmyard – pub just over the road is great too 🙂

forgotmename
    Free Member

Pindale campsite has a couple of bunk houses that may be suitable.

bobbyspangles

Cheesehouse sucks.

Go the John Hunt Base. its at the bottom of two of the classic descents. The Beast and Haggs farm.
    You will love it!
    PLus you could do the peak killer loop, up snakes pass, across doctors gate then back over to cutgate and down haggs farm-msg me if you want more details, we run courses and mtb guiding from there so happy to help if I can-but you must stop by Eighteen bikes at least when you are in the area, well respected shop with very knowledgeable people.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Peak District Accommodation and rides advice’ is closed to new replies.