Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • "Peak Beard"
  • grum
    Free Member

Sad times…

Hirsute men have been warned their attractiveness to potential partners may fade as facial hair becomes more prevalent, in a scenario researchers have called “peak beard”.

Research conducted by the University of NSW finds that, when people are confronted by a succession of bearded men, clean-shaven men become more attractive to them.

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2014/apr/16/fashion-conscious-men-warned-we-may-have-reached-peak-beard?CMP=fb_gu

mikewsmith
    Free Member

MILLIONS of men are about to pretend a shaving accident caused them to remove their beard.

“It got burned off by the embers of an expensive cigar”
    After the UK reached beard saturation point when one of Boyzone got one, men are desperate to remove their facial hair without appearing to be weak-willed fashion victims.

Men seeking plausible beard exit strategies

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

God damnit, I was about to make a thread on evidenced based beardyness/attractiveness at work based on this.

Whoever the **** gave these guys grants to do that study, needs to take a long hard look at their financial priorities.

Imagine writing the grant proposal….lol

Pyro

Mine’s a bit pointy, but it’s definitely not a ‘peak’ as such.

sbob
    Free Member

Research conducted by the University of NSW finds that, when people are confronted by a succession of bearded men, clean-shaven men become more attractive to them.

This process also works in reverse, with men with heavy stubble and full, Ned Kelly-style beards judged more attractive when present in a sea of hairless visages.

Women in “we want whatever it is that we haven’t got” shocker. 🙄

(It’s just commentary, don’t go reading any bitterness into that) 😉

BigJohn

I assumed a peak beard was a trail builder from Castleton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘"Peak Beard"’ is closed to new replies.