Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Peaches Geldof Dead
  • iolo
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey, tragic.

Bunnyhop

I don’t know who she is, however I feel so sad for Sir Bob and her children.

duckman

Her poor Dad.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Tragic, that family has had so much tragedy in their lives. 🙁

ninfan
    Free Member

How awful 🙁

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i found her media persona annoying, but that is not to say i dont feel this news to be very very sad, as mentioned above, there has been so much tragedy in that family.
    too young 🙁

convert

In life she was (imo) the poster child of a vapid media driven age…..but that doesn’t mean her death at such a young age is not a tragedy for those close to her.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eek, MrsBouy just popped downstairs to tell me this.

Sooo sad.

Sooo young. 😥

sc-xc

Bunnyhop – Member
    I don’t know who she is, however I feel so sad for Sir Bob and her children.
    POSTED 39 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

…so, you know who she is then?

Anyway, thoughts etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

If there is any consolation it’s that her kids are just about young enough to really not miss her (as much as they would if they were a little older).

Utterly tragic though.

crikey
    Free Member

My daughter has suggested a joke relating to the day of the week, but it’s probably a bit too soon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The mrs just told me as I walked in from the gymnastics run. My immediate thought was drugs. I feel bad for that thought. As above a lot of tragedy to hit one family. RIP

patentlywill
    Free Member

Desparately sad – and being an aging old ….. those words made famous in live aid really hit a nerve

yossarian
    Free Member

Awful news for Bob and her husband, siblings and children. How much pain can a family go through? I met her once a few years back and she was clearly going through some difficult times, hope she is at peace now.

grtdkad

Terribly sad for the whole family. Far too young to die.

I still recall the shock when Paula Yates died (I was a regular in The Tube studios gawping at her every time she floated past us) 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Looking at a pic oh her heavily pregnant she looked way to thin.

What has Bob done to deserve this? RIP

jock-muttley

My daughter has suggested a joke relating to the day of the week, but it’s probably a bit too soon.

Crikey Message from Lucifer – “special place now reserved for your daughte,r set to extra crispy for that remark” :mrgreen:

grantway
    Free Member

Thats very sad and unsure how Bob is feeling right now

Cougar

<mod>
    Whilst I’m an advocate of black / gallows humour generally myself, can I ask that we show a little restraint and tact whilst she’s practically still warm please?

She wasn’t someone who featured on my radar either positively or negatively particularly, but ultimately a young woman who is someone’s daughter has died at a shockingly young age.

Thankingyou.
    </mod>

jock-muttley

Sorry Cougar,

Yes it is an absolute tragedy for Bob Geldof and the lassies daughters too – Mrs Mutt says she had two daughters, lord knows that family has had enough to cope with.

Edukator
    Free Member

We’ll wind up, we’ll slow down
    We’ll speed up, move around
    Or we’ll maybe overwind

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Shocking and so sad

A young mother of two, a wife, daughter and sister.

Not the first time tragedy has stuck the family!

RIP

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe a mod could amend the thread title so her name is spelt correctly.

crikey
    Free Member

Unfortunately we will now see what has become the norm in terms of vacuous celebrity grief quotes. Yes, it’s a tragedy, but no more so than all the other people who died this week who wont get talked about on the telly, people who led quieter, less privileged lives.

But they don’t sell papers.

geetee1972
    Free Member

My first reaction was probably similar to what I suspect a lot of people also thought (rightly or wrongly and in a non-judgmental way, given her mother’s sad demise), but on reflection, with two kids, one aged one and the other even younger than that, I have a horrid suspicion that PND may be a factor in this.

gordimhor

Desperately sad along with many others I can only try to imagine how her dad is feeling 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Crikey what is your problem?

Let it go.

Pook

Gt72 +1

SBrock
    Free Member

Edukator – can’t believe they employ people like you to teach the youth of today

crikey
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem and have nothing to let go.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This suggests that you do :

crikey – Member

Unfortunately …..

Otherwise it wouldn’t be “unfortunate”.

deviant
    Free Member

Having watched an excruciatingly bad documentary she was presenting, it was clear her ‘talent’ was simply being able to cash in on her family name.

Sad for her dad, a wife and now a daughter dead early.
    Thankfully her children are too young to understand this.

She however was part of that Lily Allen set who were achingly trendy try-hards and dabbled in drugs in that ‘outrageous’ way that the offspring of celebrities do….boring and wont be missed here.

Edukator
    Free Member

You do realise that my quote is from a song written by Bob, don’t you, Sbrock?

A thoughtful and philosophical song about the way we live in the world we live in. It seemed apt.

IanW
    Free Member

Not sure why, maybe it’s because Live Aid, Bob and this young girls mother were so much a part of my early years that I found this very sad news.

crikey
    Free Member

Rent an argument ernie turns up…

How about directing your ire at the people who have used this woman’s life, childhood, parentage and now ultimately demise, to sell papers, to get clicks on a web page?

They love troubled lives, the younger the better.
    They love tragedy, especially concerning wayward women.
    They love the whole sex, drugs and rock and roll thing, especially when kids are involved.

…and they’ll love this.

maccruiskeen

Unfortunately we will now see what has become the norm in terms of vacuous celebrity grief quotes. Yes, it’s a tragedy, but no more so than all the other people who died this week who wont get talked about on the telly, people who led quieter, less privileged lives.

But they don’t sell papers.

I think what typically happens is when someone dies you take the appropriate measures to inform the people who know them. If its someone that few people know then you can do that via a few phone calls and maybe write a couple of letters. If its someone that lots of people know, perhaps because their life or work involves public media then its appropriate to use a medium that reaches those people. How is this still a surprise for you?

crikey
    Free Member

It’s not a surprise; I’m making a rather more wide ranging comment on the media and the way our response to ‘news’ and celebrity is manipulated. But you knew that anyway, hopefully.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

crikey – Member

Rent an argument ernie turns up…

Unbelievable considering your contributions to this thread 😐

How about directing your ire ….

What “ire” ? I pointed out that you have a problem with this thread/news. There’s no anger on my part.

And btw you’re wrong in claiming this is all about “selling papers”. It’s been reported in the media because she was well known to many people, there’s really no point reporting the death of “people who led quieter, less privileged lives” if no one knows who they were. Unless there is something particularly remarkable about their death.

mikey3
    Free Member

You are so all seeing and all knowing crikey,how do you manage to function with all the normal people when you know so much more than everyone,hats off to you ,you’re doing a grand job.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Peaches Geldof Dead’ is closed to new replies.