Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Peach Flavoured Beer
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

We are not convinced.

benjag
    Free Member

i prefer the speckled hen flavour myself

djglover
    Free Member

Beer should only ever contain barley hops yeast and water

mrsflash
    Free Member

It’s very sweet. I am struggling through it though 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

anything with beer in it is horrible 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

In your opinion sfb, not in mine.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

mrsflash; you should try some Meantime Raspberry wheat Beer, if you’re into fruity flavours. It’s not at all sweet; quite sharp, yet still fruity, without being sickly. Dunno if you can get it oop North. Sainsberg’s down here sell it as part of their ‘Taste the Difference’ range (at least, they did).

That Fruili stuff is too sweet though. Strawberries and beer don’t mix.

Some other wheat beers are qiute flavoursome, and less bitter than some British ales. Weihenstaphaner Kristalweiss (easy for you to say, RudeBoy..) is amazing; a slight hint of pear drops, but in no way sickly. Many wheaty beers have their own hint of something; cinnamon, banana, orange, etc.

I like wheat beer, me… 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’ll have a look next time in in Sainsburys. I had some cherry beer when I was in Belgium the other week which I liked, but this peach was a bit sickly. It wasn’t actually intentional, I just bought a few at the station in Brussels and didn’t realise this was peach.

johnhoo
    Free Member

Badger Golden Glory? or is it Golden Champion? or, if you bought it in Brussels, probably not – but stay away from one of these two if not

best steer clear of the Wells’ Banana Beer too, then 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

S’all a matter of personal taste. I have friends who can’t stand the raspberry one, and some who won’t touch wheat beer at all. Then you get yer bitter drinkers; really not my thing. And Stout; I quite like a Guinness sometimes, if it’s stored and poured propply, and a nice golden ale, or a Porter now and then. I find some of yer IPA’s a bit insipid/flat, although some are very tasty.

Good luck with yer beer-tasting quest!

nickc

We are not convinced.

Me neither, I think I’d have to be very…very…drunk…

johnhoo
    Free Member

Clare – if you’re in Ilkley any time soon, pop into Booths supermarket, near JDs. Or in the lakes, of course.

Beer festival on a shelf 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

mrsflash – Member

. . . I had some cherry beer when I was in Belgium the other week which I liked, but this peach was a bit sickly. . . .

Vaughan-dirt sneaked a bottle of cherry beer into the trolley in Sainsburys last week – sadly he drunk it all before I had chance to try it 🙁 Said it was very sweet though.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is that one of your brood, mama?

Tell me he’s not still sleeping inside the house?

rs
    Free Member

😯 beer should not taste of fruit 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why not?

Why the fascism around how beer should, or should not be made?

I’m all for diversity, me.

rs
    Free Member

because its beer, if you want a peach or cherry or whatever fruit flavour drink then drink **** alcopops!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What a load of tosh.

Why not just drink your water neat? Why add hops, barley, yeast or indeed anything?

I’m glad the beer-makers aren’t all as narrow-minded as you… 😉

RepacK
    Free Member

Wrong, just plain wrong..What next shandys all round??

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nope. It’s like saying an omlette should only ever be made with eggs. A plain omlette is perfectly fine, but what’s wrong with adding mushroom, or peppers, or cheese, or bit of ham or whatever?

No. You are wrong and I am right.

rs
    Free Member

Different rules for food, Your still wrong 😛

chopperT
    Free Member

It’s all horses for courses man. A cool pint of Badger Golden Glory (peachy) is a fine thing on summer afternoon in the garden, but I wouldn’t pick it for beside the fire in the dead of winter.
    What’s the beer equivalent of a Sommelier?

rs
    Free Member

would you ask for a pint of peachy beer at a bar?

chopperT
    Free Member

Well no, but I would be happy if someone reccommended it to accompany the quiche.

hp_source

I’m kind of with you on the no fruit flavours in beer, unless it’s ruddles rhubarb, which is lurvly.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Another vote for the Meantime Raspberry Wheat bear from sainsburys. The Raspberry is subtle and doesn’t overpower the beer (unlike fruili which is like drinking bad sweets) and goes down extremely well on a lazy summer afternoon. It is very drinkable and makes you fall over

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of fruit beer recipes are ancient. Then, of course, there are those flavoured with cinnamon, nutmeg etc – most of these pre-date hopped beers. Seems out forebears had a less narrow view of the world.

From the bonny bells of heather,
    They brewed a drink lang syne,
    Was sweeter far than honey,
    Was stronger far than wine
    http://www.fraoch.com/

chakaping
    Free Member

If you’re talking about that Badger beer, I bought a bottle each of Golden Champion and Golden Glory.

Drank the Champion first and hated it.

Resorted to drinking the Glory when nothing else left in the house – and it was marvellous.

Would other beer buffs (drunkards) agree?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Pop into the Riverhead at Marsden where Mrs MM has just got into something called Belle Vue – (i know, I know….) a foreign, cherry ale they only sell in halves.
    Not too sweet, and served cold, one heck of a nice slurp on a summers evening…..
    Better still, pop into the Riverhead at the end of a ride…… if the Belle Vue does not tempt you, their range of home brews likely will 😀

eviljoe
    Free Member

Badgers is all good- they try some new things without letting the flavours overpower the beer. I had a bottle of their ‘Ginger’ beer the other night- lovely.

And yes, I am partial to the peach one too…

In NZ the spekes beer had a summer version with lemon in- gorgeous- do we have an equivelent here?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Mama, the cherry beer was quite sweet too, you wouldn’t want to drink a lot of it, but it was nicer than the peach, which was just a bit sickly. It was something Belgian, but I forget the name.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Glory is great stuff.

Riosin is a nice berry one too (tayberry) – very dry, and probably not easy to find.

mamadirt
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

Is that one of your brood, mama?

Tell me he’s not still sleeping inside the house?

Yep all still here despite the rumours 😉 . Wonder if I could trade any of them for a pair of Lyrik 2 Steps 😕 . . . cost me less in beer too.

Nick

We’ve been conditioned into drinking homogenised beer for a couple of centuries, we’re getting better at more interesting styles but most people still drink Tetley, John Smiths and Carling. The Belgians have no such hangups (although their industry is under attack and there are stats out there that suggest most belgian ‘style’ beer is now made in the US).

sam42
    Free Member

cxi
    Free Member

We came across Dju Dju beer in Berlin

http://www.djudju.de (run it through Google for the Engrish version)

Passion fruit and mango seemed popular with my misses.

MrBlond
    Free Member

If you’re in the states, Magic Hat Number 9 is luurvely, very subtle flavour

rOcKeTdOg

golden glory is ace, banana beer makes me vom just smelling it

mrsflash
    Free Member

banana sounds worse than peach I think.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Good to see there are some intelligent and rational people on here this morning!

And it’s truly wonderful, that we can enjoy such an amazing range of beers. I mean, look at the poor French. They have to make do with gone-off grape juice…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Peach Flavoured Beer’ is closed to new replies.