Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PC with macmini form
  • tails
    Free Member

What’s out there, I want to buy my mum a computer as she recently did lessons for older people who missed out. I can tell she enjoyed using the internet although she is worried she will break computers and for some reason can’t seem to use the trackpad on my macbook. 😆

I’m sure Dell used to make something but I can’t find it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

One of these these. Maybe.?

allthegear
    Free Member

My parents run Windows quite happily on my old Mac Mini…

Rachel

mboy
    Free Member

Problem with small form factor PC’s is 9 times out of 10 they run an Intel Atom Processor out of a netbook. Which means the computer is barely up to anything beyond web browsing anyway.

Plenty of small desktop PC’s out there, some still not a huge amount bigger than a Mac Mini, but with proper desktop processors in them…

tails
    Free Member

Those Zino’s are quite expensive for a PC might as well buy the macmini. Good point in regards to the atom chip!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Laptop + USB mouse?

retro83
    Free Member

Fujitsu Siemens Q5030 or whatever their up-to-date equivalent is. Great little PC. Has a proper C2D processor, fast enough for me not to have bothered looking at what specific chip it is.

brassneck

Dell Insprion Zino?

£267 isn’t anything close to a MacMini unless you buy second hand.

tails
    Free Member

Thanks brassneck, Dell want another £200 on top! Ebuyer is far more reasonable. I’ll have a look at the fujitsu.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

If it’s just web surfing an Atom processor will be fine, don’t get too tied up on processors.

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve got an Atom based machine, and I agree with what others have said, they are really underpowered (if running Win7) and not that cheap when you factor in the cost of Windows. MacMini looks a lot better.

ericemel
    Free Member

I run wim7 on my (current model) mac mini – its bloody perfect, plus apple keyboard and trackpad.

I spent ages trying to find somethign as nice (off the shelf or custom built) with no avail.

But personally for your mum….I would get a ipad!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PC with macmini form’ is closed to new replies.