Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • pc upgrades/formatting
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

formatted pc recently ..well hubby has….had lots problems..had to get a special code to get the pc working agin…ruddy been without pc for at least 10 weeks..grrrr had to do everything on my fone until today,,,..is it normal to have to get special code…seemed a difficult task to do ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Activation key for windows?

greeble
    Free Member

special code? a secret handshake?

Cougar

Yeah.

If you format using whatever “factory reset” procedure the manufacturers included, it should Just Work. If you’ve installed Windows from a disc you’ve bought, it should activate online (assuming your network card works). If there’s a problem with either of these, you’ll be prompted to ring Microsoft to get an activation code.

The only other thing I can think is it’s a hooky copy and you’re seeing some sort of “give us your credit card details” malware.

elaineanne
    Free Member

yeah sorry it was the activation key for windows…hubby tried to get it from a guy at work…. it failed a few times but this time managed to get it working…
    lol at greeble hahahahahahhaha :mrgreen:

elaineanne
    Free Member

for gods sake the p screen is sshaking like mad…from sise to side..wots going on arggggggghhhhh…… screen resolution is fine….just madness shaking like the screen is all drunk wot do i do now..help computer buffs please,… ahhaha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘pc upgrades/formatting’ is closed to new replies.