Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • pc speakers?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

can anyone recommend me some pc speakers up to about 50quid that provide reasonable sound quality for playing cds/mp3 and listening to the radio online? thanks

currently considering scratching around for some used harman kardon soundsticks 2 on ebay, or have read reasonable reviews for logitech 210 which are very cheap.

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

I cant comment on the speakers you have mentioned but I can highly recommend JBL creature`s. They are the ones that look like darth vaders head and they sound very impressive, can fill a decent sized room with sound no problem. Im fairly sure I got mine fromn PC World for about 50 notes.

juiced
    Free Member

please do not laugh but I got some ‘silvercrest’ speakers and a sub from lidl aboout a week ago. There may well be some left. cost 25 notes.

Now the thing is the sound is superb! Really rich sound and never become distorted een with the bassest drum and bass and trance music. Guitar music sounds superb too. Not the loudest but loud enough. I am really fussy about sound quality and although yes they may be laughed at for the price they are spot on. Btw the way I’ve never had top end sound systems but have a good ear.

juiced
    Free Member

they is also really strong seperation of sound – ie the different frequenses such as bass whilst also playing treble sounds

tomzo
    Free Member

I’d try and get the soundsticks-they sound incredible.

househusband

Second Tomzo! I’ve got the original USB Soundsticks (USB lead rather than microphone) and they are very, very good – well made, too, and the design has stood the test of time. Mine must be seven or eight years old now.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Creative speakers are very good for not much money.

kiwijohn

Creative itrigues, good quality & decent sound.
    They also come in pc black or mac white

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers chaps. the soundsticks i’ve heard in the past and was impressed, ugly things though. the creatures i had’nt seen, bit more subtle and made by harman i read.

shreck
    Free Member

just seen some LOGITECH LOGITECH Z-4 SPEAKERS 2.1 on comet £35 half price.

househusband

Soundsticks are made by Harman too – but the design is subjective!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘pc speakers?’ is closed to new replies.