Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PC Problem – please help!
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Using WinXP. I’ve just paid for, downloaded, installed McAfee Internet Security 2009. I installed McAfee after getting a message from my ESET security saying my PC was vulnerable. McAfee license was £21.99. ESET was £39, so I went for McAfee. ESET was not uninstalled/deactivated before McAfee was installed.

Now whenever I startup my PC, after about 30secs of loading all the usual startup things, the PC freezes, except the mouse. I’ve powered off/on about 20 times, but nothing changes.

In the 30secs of loading/desktop building time, i’ve tried telling it to Restart/SwitchOff, but it doesn’t manage to do that. It always freezes, except for the mouse movement.

The furthest I’ve got is trying to EndProcess on ‘BlueSoleil.exe’ which is a Bluetooth related app.

Can anyone help? Help!

DavidB
    Free Member
    Del

as above. go into safemode. uninstall the old stuff including mcafee. install mcafee if you must, or get a refund on it and install avast antivirus home for free.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s pretty well-known that more than one AV app on a PC can cause problems with your machine…
    as above, safe mode, remove the AV apps then stick on a free one such as AVG or Avast… paying for personal use AV software is unnecessary…

josemctavish
    Free Member

I’d do exactly what Del says.

cakefest
    Free Member

nice one. thanks for the help. worked perfectly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PC Problem – please help!’ is closed to new replies.