Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PC Network, NAS etc help needed
  • Conor
    Free Member

I have a Buffalo Linkstation NAS drive. And it’s stuck in “EM” mode. Basically, the only way of communicating with the drive is using the firmware flashing software. I need to re-flash the drive to get it working again.

I’ve been speaking to Buffalo tech and they siad to do the following:

“Attach the linkstation directly to a PC with a network cable, refresh the Nas Navigator and note the IP address, set a static IP address on the network card of the PC to match the IP address range the linkstation is on. Deactivate all anti virus and firewall software (including the Windows firewall) unzip the downloaded firmware and then run the LSUpdater.exe file.”

I’ve attached the drive, windows picks up the connection OK. but how the hell do I assign a static IP address to my network card in Vista? All I can do is to go into the connection properties, got to IPV4 properties and set the IP address as instructed, as well as the subnet mask.

Then windows gives and error message saying there is an IP conflict.

Any thoughts (apart from dismantling the drive and sticking the HD into a new caddy…)????

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Well it sounds like you are doing the right think, have you tried a different IP address? Change the last digit e.g. change from x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.2 etc. you pretty much have free reign to pick anything but the one the NAS has so anything from 1 – 254.

Conor
    Free Member

The IP address of the drive is 192.168.11.150
    Subnet is 255.255.255.0

What should I set the PC to?

Conor
    Free Member

Ok, fixed… kinda…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve got a buffalo linkstation too. Had no end of grief with it. Changed to a Freecom, which is working fine

bruneep

I’ve also got a buffalo linkstation. I’ve had no grief with it, its perfect does what it should.

Conor
    Free Member

Mine was perfect until the power cut when it was booting. It went to Engineering Mode.

I’ve now got it working again (buffalo tech guys are good)

However, I cant see my files on it! but I know they are there, as 200gb of the drive is being used…. just can’t see the files!!! Nightmare!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PC Network, NAS etc help needed’ is closed to new replies.