Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PC-Laptop-PS3 and mypassport as External Storage – Best Solution?
  • Sidney
    Free Member

I'm hoping some of you slightly more technically advanced STWs can advise me. Right, here's the dilema. At home I have a PC, a laptop (both vista) and a PS3 as well as 500GB WD mypassport.

I've not really used PC much in the last 6 months so planning to sell it at some point and just use the laptop. The laptop already has one of its 30GB drives full and I can't find whats taking up all the space.

Could I get all my essesntials like photos, music and documents on the passport and easily access them from the laptop and ps3? Whenever I connect it tries to do an automatic backup and which annoys me slightly whereas I'd prefer just using it as storage.

Is there an easy way of finding whats eating up all the harddisc on the laptop?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

The PS3 won't read the hard disc if it's formatted NTFS, you'll have to format it in FAT32 which will limit the maximum file size to 4GB.

You might want to partition a the drive so you have a PS3 part too.

A bit of research should find out what's eating your laptop hdd space.

markenduro
    Free Member

I run a netgear router with usb and have the passport permanently plugged into it as a nas unit. Works well for me but no idea about ps3 connectivity with that setup

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PC-Laptop-PS3 and mypassport as External Storage – Best Solution?’ is closed to new replies.