Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Pc Games
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

What’s good at the moment? Not interested in Battlefield.
    After something keep me occupied for a while just finished the witcher 3 which was pretty good.
    Specs if it matters
    And 6300 of to 4.5ghz
    16gb ram
    Xfx 8gb Rx480 Radeon

monde
    Free Member

Civilization 6 has just come out to good reviews.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Mafia III was quite good.

I’ve avoided FS17 as I’ve got so much work to do at the moment!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Final Fantasy 7. No, srs.

If you fancy a bit of grand strategy then total war: warhammer is flawed genius, not entirely sure about your hardware to be fair

If you want something a bit quicker after witcher, then FTL or Bastion. (Bastion is kind of grindy and padded out but I felt absolutely bereft when I finished it :lol:)

cranberry
    Free Member

Fallout 4 ? New Vegas ? 3 ?

What sort of games do you like playing ?

everyone
    Free Member

The latest Doom is an absolute riot. I can’t get enough of it.

plyphon
    Free Member

In multiplayer FPS land Overwatch is stupidly fun.

JackHammer

Xcom Enemy within

xcom 2

Warthunder

World of Tanks

World of Warships

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Rocket League, online either be thick-skinned or turn text/chat off (although devs are starting to deal with toxic players).

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I have lost days of my life to Fallout 4.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

When I was last into pc gaming I used to enjoy Halflife, dungeon keeper, rollercoaster tycoon which I may try again, unreal tournament.
    Do like the look of doom but not paying £40 for it at moment.

everyone
    Free Member

Yea I’d always say wait for it to come up on sale on Steam, if you’re lucky they’ll have a halloween sale!

plyphon
    Free Member

bwfc4eva868 – Member
    dungeon keeper

EA made the original free for a limited time (but you keep it forever, limited time to claim) and the 2 in the series is £4 on Origin.

Super fun!

lowey

Far Cry 3 and 4 both excellent.

fifeandy
    Free Member

World of Warships

Unless this has changed a LOT since release, I have to question what you are smoking. Waaaay too much mindless trading shots.

World of Tanks

That I can agree with.
    Has an almost perfect blend of being able to grasp the basics quickly (point and click) with a massive amount of depth to the gameplay so skilled players can really differentiate themselves.
    The only real downsides are:
    A) the maps were dumbed down around a year ago making it more like ships in that ‘tunnel’ map design makes shot trading inevitable.
    B) too many players seemingly can’t even click on tanks – makes you question what hope there is for humanity

martinhutch

Slightly older , but still good fun for a story-based shooter – Metro 2033 Redux. Should be able to pick it up cheap as well.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

In al honesty I’m currently downloading metro 2033 redux look quite eerie. Hopefully be downloaded by time I get home.

Northwind

On similiar lines, the original Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl is spectacular if you throw mods at it. It’s still kind of flaky at times but… well, I got so creeped out, I ended up spending several minutes sneaking a look round a corner then blazing away with a pistol at the OMIGODWHATISTHAT thing down the corridor, which turned out to be an empty radiation suit… Once you’ve been snorked a couple of times, things like this make perfect sense.

PJay
    Free Member

It you like fantasy type games One Tamriel (The Elder Scrolls Online) is good fun and free to play.

mattyfez

I really enjoyed dishonored, old now so probably very cheap, and just thoroughly enjoyed it. Also bioshock infinity.

Creg

Have a look at:

Borderlands 1 & 2 (should be available cheap on Steam or G2A, loads of extra content in the game of the year editions and a lot of replayability)
    Prison Architect
    Wasteland 2
    Mad Max (I have a key for this if you want it for free, drop me an email)
    Elite Dangerous
    South Park Stick of Truth (I also have a key for this too)

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

One of the few games where I can genuinely say I’ve been absolutely terrified at times (playing in the dark with headphones on). The follow up Clear Sky had its moments too. They did a third one but I havn’t played it.

copa
    Free Member

Stardew Valley. The gaming equivalent of a nice bath.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Good God Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl awesome game but cacked myself playing it.
    Never tried the fallout games.
    Any one got any good racing games?
    Used to like Sports car Gt back in 1999

hatter

Metro last light if you can handle the bleakness.

Creg

Any one got any good racing games?

Grid Autosport isn’t too bad.
    Project CARS is OK, although didn’t live up to the hype as much as they were hoping as far as I can gather.

There’s stuff like Assetto Corsa and Beam.ng which are hardcore sim games and need a wheel and pedal setup. There’s another one too but I can’t remember the name of it, but its a pay to play type game with a huge online community.

alexxx
    Free Member

What about god view games that are multiplayer and still played online?

chojin
    Free Member

Do like the look of doom but not paying £40 for it at moment.

The new Doom can be had for around £16 right now

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Where from?

FuzzyWuzzy

I got fed up with World of Tanks, it’s just too dependent on people that don’t seem to be able to use a mouse or know left from right (this isn’t being elitist, I consider myself an average player at best but usually in the top 3 on random games). As it’s 15 v 15 you need your team mates to at least have a clue (clan matches are fun but too much of a timesink for me with practice etc.).

I’ve actually just got back into World of Warcraft myself (after a 7 year absence). The Legion expansion is a lot of fun and the game has improved quite a bit (in terms of being casual friendly and not requiring a huge amount of time to do end game content). It’s also viable to start at level 100 now (via the 1 free boost you get on purchase) and get up to speed quickly even if completely new to the game. Hardcore players complain end game stuff is too easy now but personally I’m finding learning all the dungeon and raid boss stuff pretty challenging (in the old vanilla and BC days you really only had to learn a dozen or so mobs now it’s more like 50).

redthunder
    Free Member

Zaxxon on Atari 800 emulator. This weeks high score challenge.

I’ve had more fun with the emulators than any of the pc offerings, but then again I am a boring old fart.

http://www.virtualdub.org/altirra.html

Make you challenge here…

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258279-hsc13-r17-zaxxon-bonus-rain-of-terror/

fifeandy
    Free Member

I got fed up with World of Tanks, it’s just too dependent on people that don’t seem to be able to use a mouse or know left from right (this isn’t being elitist, I consider myself an average player at best but usually in the top 3 on random games). As it’s 15 v 15 you need your team mates to at least have a clue

chojin
    Free Member

Oh and I forgot to say: With an RX480 and Vulcan, Doom will run very smoothly indeed! It’s a great way to showcase just what your shiny new GPU can do 🙂

LittleNose
    Free Member

I also spend too much time in World of Tanks, unsuccessfully been trying to reduce my time on it.

To add a couple to the list:
    The Talos Principle : a great puzzle game in a Portal sort of way
    Invisible Inc : nice tactics game with similarities to XCom but lighter
    oh, and the Tomb Raider reboot games are worth a look too.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Well been playing Doom. Absolutely awesome game. And it runs at 90+ fps with everything on ultra.

Anything similar out at the moment?

squirrelking
    Free Member

And if My Summer Car is too much of a grind there’s always Carmageddon Max Damage (with bonus US Election pack), £19.99 on Steam.

mattyfez

Bit older now, but the later games in the F.E.A.R series are really good and spooky, if you like Doom. And metro last light

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I bought SimCity a few years ago and never played it much. Decided to start playing again and now I’m hooked! Time just seems to disappear…

Alex

We’re (my better half and I) are playing City Skylines which is the game SimCity 2013 should have been. If you like this kind of Sim, it’s really well done.

I looked at Doom3 earlier this week, downloaded a trial and sh!t myself! Blimey it’s got scary!

Oooh Carmagedden. Do they do a Mac version /wanders off to steam

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Pc Games’ is closed to new replies.