Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PC Gamers – Help choosing games
  • nathb
    Free Member

I’ve been given codes for 4 games (I had to have Everspace & Quake) but I get to choose 2 of these games: https://uk.gamesplanet.com/promo/asus-am4-ryzen

Any recommendations?

I’ve just got Forza 7 and the reviews on here of PC2 doesn’t look good? But it’s my usual default genre…

COD is probably one of them as they have zombies, I used to like that back in the day..

jolmes
    Free Member

I would probably go for Dishonored and either Shadow of War or Farcry5

fossy

COD and Project Cars – my son has Project Cars 1 and 2 and they are pretty damn good if you are into racing sims.

fossy

You don’t say what sort of games you are in to ?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Project CARS 2.

I was a beta tester, albeit very much a backseat driver this time, I got far too emotionally involved in the first one. Big improvement on the first iteration, still needs fixes through patches, but most games do these days.

nathb
    Free Member

For the last two years I’ve only really played three:
    Zwift
    GTA V
    Forza 7

😆

Drac

You don’t say what sort of games you are in to ?

\

Racing games and COD.

I’d go for COD and Far Cry 5

nathb
    Free Member

Yeah I want games I can Pickup and play for a couple of hours without steep learning curves as I just don’t have the time anymore.

Cod fits that bill so that’s a definite.

PC2 looks good but it looks a bit too much of a learning curve??

GeForceJunky

The other option is get what you can sell … I’d pay £25 for a Far Cry 5 code 😉

PC2 is good, but only if you have a wheel. If you’re using a pad, might as well stick with Forza.

nathb
    Free Member

Didn’t really think about selling as I’m nervous about sending digital codes.

Yeah, I’ll be using a Xbox 360 pad.

FuzzyWuzzy

The COD WW2 beta is pretty decent so worth a punt. Far Cry 5 is a few months off release so depends if you want them all playable or not now, personally I’d get the code for it, sell it on and buy PUBG with the money you get.

nathb
    Free Member

I googled PUBG, nah not for me.

nathb
    Free Member

CODWW2 & Far Cry 5 ordered 🙂

Forza is enough racing game for me I think.

Thanks folks.

fifeandy
    Free Member

If you want games you can just pick up and play for a couple of hours, you want a console, not a PC.
    The main thing a PC has going for it are games with a whole lot of depth (ideally a low skill floor and high ceiling).
    My general rule of thumb for PC games is if its not going to take ~500hrs to get half decent at, its not worth playing.

And yes, i appreciate that’s probably a bit sad!

Edit: FWIW, i’d have picked CoDWW2 and TotalWar Warhammer II

nathb
    Free Member

500 hours!?! Haven’t even spent that amount of time on a bike this year 🙂

I decided to go the PC route as I WFH on big *** spreadsheets so needed a powerful one that just so happen can play decent games too 😆

Plus my PC has a HDMI cable running to our TV (as well as a couple of monitors) so I can sit and play games on it like I would on a console anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PC Gamers – Help choosing games’ is closed to new replies.