Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PC experts – Setting up Outlook – how?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

For ease of emailing websites I’ve finally decided to set up Outlook.

It’s asking for POP3 server{?} Where do I find this?

Thanks

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Easiest to have a look on your ISP’s support pages – should give you the servers, etc

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

You need to check with your mail provider/s, which might not be the same as your ISP. POP3 is for the outgoing mail and SMTP is for incoming. Some ISP’s have the same address for both, some have slightly different addresses. Check that your mail provider supports POP3 – some don’t, or they only support it if you have a package from them

Stoner
    Free Member

t’other way round captain.

POP3 coming in, SMTP going out.

MussEd
    Free Member

So if my email is with yahoo just now, check on there?

Stoner
    Free Member

Yahoo:

Unlike Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) – pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/mail-settings.html

cant vouch for this info being current though. I use my own mail server.

willard

If you have a webmail account (like Yahoo), then you will need to see if Yahoo supports POP3 downloading of your cusrrent mailbox offline. I know Gmail does.

If it does, then you can use your ISP’s SMTP server to send out and all will be sweetness and light.

smiffy

If it’s the latest Outlook it asks you for your email address and password and it just goes to your provider and asks for itself. works really well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PC experts – Setting up Outlook – how?’ is closed to new replies.