Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • paypal… words escape me!
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My Paypal account was hacked for £1k. PP recognised this and stopped the transfer before it went out.
    That would be ok, but they still debited the money from my linked bank account & made me overdrawn!
    I'm now pleading with my bank over OD charges & suspect my credit rating is going to be adversely affected too.

So angry their system works like that & they don't care – i went mental at the woman on the phone! 😈

walla24
    Free Member

id be pretty happy to loose £30? rather than £1000…never any need to shout at the poor sod on minimum wage having to deal with you in my opinion.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Meh, i may have only got annoyed at her & told her it was ridiculous.

How can it be perfectly acceptable for them to take the money from my account, even though they acknowledge at their end it was a fraudulent transaction & stopped it all at their end, apparently instantly?!
    If they were serious about security they'd have two-level account security like my online banking does, not just one password – which was a blummin decent one too.
    Now someone's been in my PP account, they'll have a load of info on me too so i'm gonna have to keep an eye on everything even more than normal for some time

speaker2animals

I like the CORE business that PP provide but do have issues. Being cycnical I think they took your money to add to there funds for however many days to boost their interest. Obviously yours on it's own makes bugger all difference but all the money they hang on to must add up to quite a bit. I get really annoyed about how long it takes them to transfer my money out of my PP account to my bank account. 4-5 days. Of course I could pay £5 to have it transferred in 24hrs. If I were to pay £5 I'd want it paying in to my account within an hour.

I suppose that PP are refusing to cover your OD charges for their actions? I really don't think that your OD will affect your Credit History by much unless it is already on dodgy ground.

I suppose that PP said that this action is covered somewhere in the T&Cs.

I rang Musicmagpie on Monday as it had been 3 days short of a month from me posting my CDs to (not) getting my cheque. I got so would up that I couldn't even make a coherent argument. The guy I spoke to was nice but was either very well trained or is VERY used to the same criticism. He simply just referred to the T&Cs. He was of course correct. What "upset" me was that they did not seem able or willing to take on board any critique of their business practises. I really wish that I wasn't in a position that makes using services like this a requirement at the moment but I am through my own fault in the main.

br
    Free Member

I've never understood why someone would you link a bank account to PP, but then I never use my Switchcard for purchases either.

Someone screwing with my credit card is one thing…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

1961 – you're right, it's in the T&Cs, etc, etc.
    But surely it's natural to think that if they stop their internal transfers they'd also cancel the request from my bank. I suspect because it comes out via DD they can't, whereas if it was on a debit card they could have done.

My bank account was only linked on PP so i could send money as a gift for free. MEH. again.

luked2
    Free Member

Can you say how your account was hacked?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I've never understood why someone would you link a bank account to PP

How do you get money out if you don't?

Junkyard
    Free Member

send it to someone foolish enough to have done this 😉
    Due to above I have not linked my account and have expired cards as well.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I had an email account linked on my pp account, which itself was hacked about a year ago & shared passwords.
    I'd completely forgotten that was still on my pp linked addresses, so didn't bother changing my pp account at the time. i guess that's how they got in, perhaps?!
    Ironically the week before I'd started redoing all my passwords everywhere to make them more secure but hadn't got round to pp yet!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘paypal… words escape me!’ is closed to new replies.