Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Paypal taken £50 from my bank account for no reason… anyone else?
  • brooess
    Free Member

I’ll call them in the morning to find out what’s going on, just wondering if this is a wider problem. Nothing on Google to suggest a hack.

It’s a very round amount and there’s been no notification from them and for purchases, my PP and therefore Ebay account is linked to my credit card, not bank account so I assume it’s an error if not a hack.

piemonster

Been a lot of phishing pretending to be PayPal lately!

I’ve been getting 3 or so week.

wwaswas

Is it appearing in your account summary when you log in to PayPal?

ctk
    Free Member

I’d be thinking hack

brooess
    Free Member

No, just £50 taken from my current account by direct debit to Paypal

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Surely not a direct debit ?

bruneep

Pay after delivery? Did you buy something a couple of weeks ago for £50?

jam-bo

^

Happens to me all the time…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sometimes goods are dispatched then charged for, try thinking back to a purchase you made a month ago..

Also, DDR? Does sound odd.. Mrs bought something and charged to the account?

Bank first to cancel DDR (tell them you think it’s fraud, they’ll have to stop it) then PP for explanation.

matt_outandabout

No, just £50 taken from my current account by direct debit to Paypal

Did you get the notification in an email?
    Did you get the notification when you login to your account?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

as bruneep says. sometimes they take money from your paypal way after delivery of the goods. .. happens to me when I see some paypal charges in my account . I panic..then i remember like 2-3 weeks ago I purchased something of the same value.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Ha ha glad I’m not the only one.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You could have signed up for an auto renewal of something without realising or a free trial that turns into a paid subscription without notice. Have had that a few times

antigee

“jambalaya – Member
    You could have signed up for an auto renewal of something without realising or a free trial that turns into a paid subscription without notice. Have had that a few times”

gets my vote – reading above from memory if you use bank account as first call from paypal then it is a direct debit – odd but true that’s what you sign up to

the only time I needed to cancel a recurring paypal charge it was pretty hard to find the right “page” and pretty sure didn’t appear in the summary – as ever not really in paypal’s interest to make recurring charges obvious

a quick google says it is in profile ??/wtf/??

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/paypal-how-to-cancel-automatic-renewal-of-subscriptions.html

brooess
    Free Member

😳

[Senility]I called Paypal and they reminded me I’d made a charity pledge a few weeks ago.[/senility]

mrsfry
    Free Member

£50 to charity!

brooess
    Free Member

To help Brixton Cycles move premises after they got turfed out to make way for more luxury flats. I get a free cycling cap for my £50 though 🙂

BoardinBob

£50 to charity!

#Humblebrag

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Paypal taken £50 from my bank account for no reason… anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.