Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Paypal: Sending Euros to Ireland to pay for holiday
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

We are in the process of booking a mobile home in Brittany for our Summer holiday. The owner lives in Ireland (Republic)and has asked me to trf 300 Euros to his bank a/c for a deposit.

I’d rather use paypal for the prottction if anything goes wrong.

Is my understanding right: I ask him to send me a paypal invoice for 300 Euros which I pay from my credit card linked through my paypal a/c. He receives funds into his paypal a/c. There are fees of 3.9% which I can pay when I send the payment.

No risk to him and I get protection if he does a runner etc.

Have I missed anything?

Cheers

Hairychested
    Free Member

No, you should be fine.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

To be sure you’ll be all roight! Now just go ahead and send the Euros

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

lol! Ta….

fubar
    Free Member

I didn’t think you had any protection with PayPal buying outside of Ebay – are you sure it’s worth it ?

nasher
    Free Member

He will ask for 311.7 euro and will receive 300 euro, paypal will receive the 11.7 Euro. you do not send the paypal fee seperately as paypal will take a fee off of that too.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Are you actually ready for Oirish prices? 100 Euro left at Tescos and not much in the bag? Jamepiss (sorry – Jameson) instead of whisky, Oirish ale tasting like the water you’ve just washed your socks in… But the ring of Kerry is worth it. As is Gallway, as is Newcastle. And loads of other prices. BTW They seem to have a problem when you wear a non-Livpoo colours (ok, MU will at times be ok).
    You’ll love it!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

booking a mobile home in Brittany for our Summer holiday.

Have we invaded France? I think Hairy needs to go back to school for being a bit lazy at the old Geography!

Sorry I cant help with the Paypal thing – “almost everyone” in Ireland owns property abroad which is partly why we’re up the swanee! In all honesty if you can get through to the guy on a land line number now (ie before you’ve paid) it’s probably above board (and if you’ve checked on Tripadivsor!).

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

coulda… yes, quite!

Last went to Ireland on holiday in 2003 and it was damn expensive then, can imagine it’s horrendous now.

I spoke to the guy on the phone and he sounded totally genuine, we were yapping for ages. Also checked with the site he advertises on and they said he’s been with them for 18 months and had no negative feedback. I’m sure it’s all kosher, but I’m naturally very risk-averse so like to have all bases covered whenever possible.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Gilo – that all sounds good.

In Ireland, generally, like Saudi Arabia, a guys name, address and reputation are worth more than a weeks rent on a rental.

Do you have his address? If so just go for it – imo!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

No address, just phone no, e-mail addy, and bank details. I’ll ask him for his address then go for it. (It’s also a bl00dy good deal as he wants paying in Euros…..)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Paypal: Sending Euros to Ireland to pay for holiday’ is closed to new replies.