Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Paypal security – asking for card details etc…
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Security Measures

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Anyone else had this?

plop_pants
    Free Member

“Dear Paypal user….” SCAM

“Dear your name…..” Paypal

Cougar

What, er, Mr Ploppy said.

That wording at least is used by a legitimate Paypal email; however, that doesn’t mean a scammer hasn’t copied the body text.

jota180
    Free Member

They wouldn’t send you an email

Surely everyone is wise to this by now?

Gweilo
    Free Member

SCAM – Delete Now, do not open any links, Delete with extreme prejudice!!!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Never been scammed so far and never been shy about buying online.
    To Clarify, this is when I log onto my account. No other option but to put in bank and card details.
    Just seems a bit strange to me. I don’t want to break my unscammed record!

nealglover
    Free Member

SCAM – Delete Now, do not open any links, Delete with extreme prejudice!!!

He doesn’t say wether it was an email, or when logging into Paypal.

I got the same message when logging in to Paypal.

It wasn’t a scam.

spooky_b329

As long as you manually type the paypal address into your browser rather than following any links, you should be safe.

You can also check it is https:// which means its encrypted, and (at least in Chrome and IE) you can click the relevant bit in the address bar and it will bring up some details including if the identity of the website is verified as Paypal.

butcher

As long as you manually type the paypal address into your browser rather than following any links, you should be safe.

Yes, if you’re ever unsure, just take a moment to clarify you’re on the correct site, with no typos in the address, especially if you’ve followed a link to get there!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Paypal security – asking for card details etc…’ is closed to new replies.