Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PayPal refund "pending"
  • rsmythe
    Free Member

Hi there, I’ve been issued a refund for an item on eBay and the refund is listed as pending. Does anyone here know if I can now return the item safely (I.E. is the refunded money definitely going to be in my account or can the refunder stop the transaction)? I’d like to resolve this ASAP so thank you for any advice in advance. R

newrobdob
    Free Member

Generally I find its pending as either your original payment hasn’t cleared from your bank OR the sellers refund payment hasn’t been cleared from their bank.
    I’ve always waited until it’s confirmed myself, but sent the person a quick message as to why I’m waiting. Never had a problem that way.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’ll be because the seller didn’t have enough in their PP account to cover the full refund amount. It’ll be available to use in your account in (usually) 5 working days*, and usually to the minute. Nowt to worry about but a PITA if you want/need the money for something else.

It’s unusual for a seller to refund before the item is returned though- is it a high value thing?

* that might be Wednesday 28th, what with the bank holidays and all 😕

ajantom

I had this recently for an item that the seller had failed to post. I raised a dispute and asked for a refund.
    They actioned the refund on the 8th of December, and it only cleared (i.e. stopped showing as pending) today!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PayPal refund "pending"’ is closed to new replies.