Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PAYPAL PROBLEMS
  • old_mtber
    Free Member

Anyone else having trouble transferring funds from Paypal back into their own bank accounts? Shows “Pending” as a result of a “security check” being carried out. As always it’s impossible to get any sensible answer out of them.

jonk

Its happened to me twice this week. I think its their way of keeping your money for another 24 hours so they can play with it on the markets.

neninja
    Free Member

Paypal give contradictory timescales – when you complete the withdrawal on the Paypal website it tells you it will take 4 hours for security checks plus another 2 hours to complete the transfer.

On the email confirmation it tells you 72 hours for security checks plus 2 hours.

My last 4 transfers have taken at least 3 days which is slower than it was a month ago.

foxylaydee
    Free Member

hi – yes i have had this issue a few times over the past month or so. Being subject to a ‘security check’ sounds a bit worrying doesnt it? They are muppets for not explaining (in typical pp fashion) and letting people feel like theres a problem. Apparently they only do it for amounts over £50. Saying that, ive never actually had a problem getting it – its just a small delay but its a cheek. 🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

I withdrew some funds on Sunday Night (to my dads bank account as he doesn’t use Paypal and I owed him some dosh)

It said everything was ok when I did it.

But it’s still showing in my Paypal account ???

Did get an email asking me to “Verify the bank account” but I don’t want to do that, as it isn’t mine.

Will my Withrawal work ??

neninja
    Free Member

Update – just made a withdrawal and it was instant! It literally appeared in my bank account within seconds. That’s a first.

bigyinn
    Free Member

S’ock it’ll be gone soon enough
    🙂

tomhoward

Same as neninja here, took 20 seconds to come though.

Crell
    Free Member

Bought something on ebay recently and paid with paypal.

The seller used the wrong account in the ad so asked me to cancel the payment which I did.

It took 3 “working” days (5 elapsed) for the money to appear in my paypal account due to “checks”. I assumed it would just re-credit my bank account automatically, but it didn’t and just credited my paypal account.

The withdrawal (to the same account the funds were originally withdrawn) then took 2 days to credit my bank account due to “checks”.

I’m massively unimpressed. It is just a scam to hold on to cash for as long as they can. There is no reason for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PAYPAL PROBLEMS’ is closed to new replies.