Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Paypal holding money for 21 days
  • volatilemike
    Free Member

Just sold something, got paid. But Paypal are holding the money for 21 days?

I provided tracking number and all that.

Is this normal?

Its not a huge problem, but it is mildly annoying as Id like to spend my cash on a dropper!

smett72

Seems to be. I sold a few bits on ebay a couple of weekends ago. Was also told 21 days, but money arrived in my account after about 10-12 days.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Funds also get released as soon as positive feedback is left

trail_rat
    Free Member

just another nail in ebays coffin.

kendo954
    Free Member

i sold a frame, money went to my pp balance.

i had no bank account set up (always funded from credit card) set up my bank account, transferred from pp to bank within an hour, no issue at all?

the removed bank details as they want it as you main payment source, i prefer the c/card as i reckon its a bit safer

volatilemike
    Free Member

I didn’t sell it on ebay, it was on here. And they just paid via PayPal. So there’s no feedback to be given?

kendo954
    Free Member

was it a known poster bought it?

seems a bit strange, iv never had to wait for money

jam-bo

PayPal keep offering me this buy now, pay later option. It’s the default option I tgink. It’s a pain as I keep forgetting what I’ve spent, thinking I have more money than I do and then three weeks later the money goes.

tomhoward

I’ve bought stuff on here and the seller has (rightly) kicked off that the can’t withdraw the cash, OP are you new to PayPal?

bruneep

PP did this to me when I sold a phone on ebay. Refunded buyer and cancelled sale straight away explained why to buyer. She sent money to me by PPG, she got phone I got more money no eBay or PP fees.

Their loss for a stupid system.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I’ve been on paypal for years, haven’t sold much, but had people send money no problem. Maybe because its over a certain amount?

The more I think about it, what a ridiculous system they’ve put in place. 1 or 2 days maybe, but 21?! Im currently selling a frame but its made me think twice now about how I want payment if its going to be 21 days for before receiving money.

Jamie
    Free Member

PP did this to me when I sold a phone on ebay. Refunded buyer and cancelled sale straight away explained why to buyer. She sent money to me by PPG, she got phone I got more money no eBay or PP fees.
    Their loss for a stupid system.

That buyer is a bit naive. You could have ripped her off, and she’d have been screwed.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Looks like its to do with being a new seller or not putting tracking information on ebay.

From Paypal help page.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I bought a second hand phone, wasn’t really happy with its condition, not as describd, seller offered a partial refund of £35 which I accepted, it took about a month to “clear” no idea why. Perhaps Paypal are creaming in the interest?

bruneep

Yes possibly, we both have +’ve feedback in 00’s we exchanged emails prior to so i guess i came across as honest type chappie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Paypal holding money for 21 days’ is closed to new replies.