Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Paypal help please
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

I bought a frame off ebay 10 days ago and paid immediately (buy-it-now). My credit card was charged via Paypal and I received the item within a couple of days but the payment still showed 'unclaimed' in my Paypal account. Today I've received an ebay message notifying me of an unpaid item dispute and giving me 4 days to pay, along with a further invoice from the buyer. We've both left each other positive feedback and as far as I was concerned the transaction was all done and dusted so not sure where to go from here. I did contact the seller who is pretty new to Paypal and is not sure how to claim payment as there is nothing showing in their account.

Help!! I really don't need an unpaid item strike appearing on my extremely active account 😉 , with 100% positive feedback record.

khani
    Free Member

If its not claimed, can you cancel it and then resend,

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes, I do have the option to cancel but I'm wondering if the problem lies in the fact that as a new user, the seller is not yet able to receive credit card payments or something along those lines. If so, then I expect the same thing will happen again. I'm assuming that the seller will have had some sort of notification of payment being made from Paypal, in order for them to have sent the frame in the first place.

Bit of a nightmare getting any help from ebay or Paypal though with their damn automated replies 😡

Bez

Wouldn't the obvious course of action be to ask Paypal?

Sorry, missed your final sentence there.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sorry Bez, bit of a late edit 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ring them, they are surprisingly good to deal with over the phone

khani
    Free Member

I'd ring them up on Monday and speak to a real person. I had a dispute about unsent goods and it was simple doing it on the phone rather than by the dispute center online
    Edit, slow me

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers both – just found their number on the site – international rates though 😡 . I'll give them a call. I'm sure last time I rang there was some awful voice recognition automated system but that may have been ebay.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

eh?

its freephone

0800 358 3229

although the number on its own is useless you need a pin number as well

get that by

Help > Contact Us > See more topics

then click anything in the left box, then anything in the right box and that should un grey the call us box on the right, click that to get above number an pin

dirtyrider
    Free Member

this is an ebay matter regarding the unpaid item strike, not a paypal issue

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers dirtyrider – I guess I'll give them both a call. I think it's both an ebay and Paypal problem as the seller can't (or is not sure how to) claim my payment despite Paypal having debited my card.

khani
    Free Member

EBay and paypal are the same company, I rang the freephone number and they did it all, even the paypal refund,also, if they have a new account they may have gone over the limit before the account is varified,and pp are holding the money til it is

mamadirt
    Free Member

Thanks for your help. Just phoned Paypal and the problem arose because the email address that the original payment was sent to (linked to the seller's ebay account) was not valid (a missing DOT). I've cancelled that payment, had my card refunded and made another via yesterday's invoice to the correct address. Still have the unpaid item case but hopefully the seller can remove this via ebay – fingers crossed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Paypal help please’ is closed to new replies.