Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Paypal dispute Q
  • convert

I can see why they don’t count email sent via other means as “proof” – who has not thought about doctoring an email in their sent box before sending it on as “proof” you did something at such and such a time when you actually didn’t?

Dosn’t mean I agree as I can’t see what else the seller could use as proof.

As an aside – as shown by the op not all PP emails show the buyers registered address – do we know what buttons to press to find it?

boblo
    Free Member

sugdenr – Member
    No you don’t. At the point that that package was delivered your relationship with that item ended

Well that’s not strictly true is it? Until this is resolved, the seller definitely has an interest in where the watch has ended up.

The buyer (also a bit of a plonker, however) paid for a watch and hasn’t got a watch.

The seller has been paid for a watch that appears now to be lost outside of the sellers insurance provision and also now hasn’t got the watch.

I’d be very surprised if PayPal were to uphold the sellers position and make the buyer pay for a watch he hasn’t got. Maybe the email instruction to deliver to a third party will help but unless it makes clear the buyer assumes all responsibility at point of delivery, I’d be surprised.

The seller didn’t lose it, the buyer didn’t lose it. A third party neither seller nor buyer have a relationship with lost it (by using uninsured post). This makes them liable for the loss. How did they admit to using second class post? If in writing, that’s all you need. Write to them and ask for payment. If they dick you around, take em to small claims.

No muppets were hurt in writing this post. 🙂

sugdenr
    Free Member

I can see why they don’t count email sent via other means as “proof” – who has not thought about doctoring an email in their sent box before sending it on as “proof” you did something at such and such a time when you actually didn’t?

Yes, but only if we randomly introduce the assumption of fraud to the equation. But absent any denial by the buyer or proof to the contrary, generally we accept that such things are not fakes.

Boblo – with respect my opinion is centred in the law of this land, whereas yours is not but is your own view of perhaps what you think should be the case and which is not correct.

IIRC, there is probably a very strong case that the seller was absolved of all liability at the point that royal mail accepted the package, and since title in the item most likely transfered at the time of payment, lastly that the admin is almost certainly the buyers nominated agent, then actually all of you who think it is down to seller that it got lost are all completely wrong as a matter of law.

I can assure you that PP would not be taking that money off me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Paypal dispute Q’ is closed to new replies.