Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Paypal charge back has anyone been successful and got their money back?
  • supertacky
    Free Member

Okay so I sent money via paypal to a guy for a set of wheels. Long story short wheels don’t arrive. Seller hasnt sent them or they have been lost.

Can I use Visa Debit card charge back to get my money back?

Markie
    Free Member

PayPal Gift, or payment for goods and services?

BoardinBob

I got my money back after a guy sold me shonky brakes. Just open a dispute as long as you didn’t pay by gift

supertacky
    Free Member

“Personal Payment owed”

Markie
    Free Member

In that case, no, PayPal won’t refund the money.

Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

PayPal terms for buyer protection:
    https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_GB#13.%20PayPal%20Buyer%20Protection

supertacky
    Free Member

Okay but can I use the Visa debit card charge back function via my bank to recover the money?
    (outwith Paypal)

mrelectric

My #1 son sold his Mac on eBay and the blurk claimed it all back as not received. Undelivered package never came back…
    PayPal were totally on buyer’s (read: thieving chavva)side. My lad should have checked that address was confirmed.

I’ve done loads of eBay buy/sell and a confirmed address is always something I check, as well as feedback & transaction number.

The hilariously but sad inept thieved-bike posts evidenced on STW can help focus too..

However, I’ve found almost everyone is honest & competent. The only problems I ever had were due to the courier (City Link) and Canon UK..dispute was settled OK.
    I’d do what BBob says: go to the PP dispute centre; Its pretty straightfwd to raise the problem.

Markie
    Free Member

I don’t think so 🙁

You paid for the item using PayPal, funding PayPal using the card. Visa dont have a direct relationship with the seller, only with PayPal – who took the money correctly.

Edit for mrelectric +1, no harm in trying first Paypal and then visa!

supertacky
    Free Member

Paypal is a dead end…. no resolution available…

I’ll try my bank in the morning but fear I may have been too trusting of others.

very Expensive mistake.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

wrong person 😀

cp

given Visa have only an agreement with paypal, and they did their bit then I’m afraid I doubt the visa chargeback thing will work – particularly given you broke your agreement with paypal…

boblo
    Free Member

Dumb question: how do you confirm the address with PayPal please?

bikeneil
    Free Member

boblo – Member
    Dumb question: how do you confirm the address with PayPal please?

Here you go:

How to confirm an address with paypal

boblo
    Free Member

That’s very helpful thank you. Must remember to respond to any of your Forum questions with a link to Google search 🙂

khani
    Free Member

If you check the transaction on your account it should show you the confirmed address, and also in the PayPal transaction notification email, don’t use one from the buyer unless its the same.

mrelectric

When you go through the payment screens details, the buyer’s address will show up. There’s coloured/highlighted text next to it saying “Confirmed”, you hope…

Name & shame the seller as a PSA when you’re ready.

supertacky
    Free Member

What about an address for the seller?

boblo
    Free Member

Hmmm, I can’t see any address in the transaction pane or in the confirmation email….

charliedontsurf

Not sent or lost.
    If they are lost you can claim from the courier.
    Got a tracking number or receipt?

Folk can be too quick to assume they have been ripped off.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Paypal charge back has anyone been successful and got their money back?’ is closed to new replies.