Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Paypal
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Is it possible to cancel a Paypal payment if the thing I am purchasing is not as specified?

The reason I am asking is that I am going to look at a secondhand bike tomorrow and as the funds are sitting in my Paypal account I need to make the payment before I go and look at it.

khani
    Free Member

Make the payment on your phone after you’ve looked at it, you might have to wait a few minutes for it to go through but they’re normally pretty quick
    Assuming you have a smartphone……

cp

or use their computer.

RustyMac

Seller can refund money through paypal and it only takes a couple of clicks, i think you still get charged the fees though. If you have to send the money through before you view the bike. I would advise you make the seller aware of this before you go and see the bike as if the money suddenly turns up he may simply think you have bought it before viewing and ar just going to pick it up.

Is there no way for you to take a laptop or something with you and ask to borrow the guys internet connection for a minute to transfer the money?
    Ask if there is an internet cafee or a coffee shop with free wifi near by i think even the like of McDonalds do free wifi now. You could nip out for 5 minutes to transfer the money then come back and pick up hte bike.

mikey74
    Free Member

I suggested taking my tablet and doing the transfer on the spot but the seller is convinced that there is a delay period in receiving the funds and therefore asked for cash if I was going to pay on the night.

woody74

You shouldn’t get a delay, we use Paypal all the time through our website and most transactions come through straight away. Sometimes there is delay in the notification email but not if you check the account you should see payment instantly. Personally I wouldn’t send the money first unless the guys sounds cool and you are happy to trust him.

If money is refunded by the seller within 30 days then their should be no fees to pay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Paypal’ is closed to new replies.