Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Payment Gateway – Stripe & PayPal
  • womp
    Free Member

I am about to launch a website that sells a single subscription service for £150

I am thinking of using Stripe for card payments and PayPal as an option so i have two payment methods with both onsite and offsite payment options

Does this Sound about right ? 😕

allthegear
    Free Member

Both Stripe and PayPal offer both online and offline payments. Nothing wrong with mixing but it isn’t necessary

Rachel

sillysilly
    Free Member

We use GoCardless, Stripe and PayPal for invoice / sub options.

This way you give users nearly every possible choice and don’t miss out on those who prefer direct debit control via their own bank over cc, don’t have / want a pp account.

Many people have bad experiences with high value cc recurring payments (e.g. subscriptions to bad gym chains) that could put them off / effecting conversion. May only be a small amount but worth considering if you are doing large volume. You end up saving on fees too.

Conversion on Stripe is awesome in comparison to the usual / clunky players.

cheers_drive

We use Stripe and Paypal, the transactions are split about 50/50. Paypal fees are twice that of Stripe but Paypal is convenient and trusted by people and of course doesn’t require a Credit Card (important if selling to the continent).
    Biggest pain is consolidating the Stripe transaction in Freeagant where as Paypal can be set up as an account with transaction automatically imported.

allthegear
    Free Member

Why is it important to not require a credit card “selling to the continent”?

Rachel

womp
    Free Member

We use GoCardless, Stripe and PayPal for invoice / sub options.

This way you give users nearly every possible choice and don’t miss out on those who prefer direct debit control via their own bank over cc, don’t have / want a pp account.

Many people have bad experiences with high value cc recurring payments (e.g. subscriptions to bad gym chains) that could put them off / effecting conversion. May only be a small amount but worth considering if you are doing large volume. You end up saving on fees too.

Conversion on Stripe is awesome in comparison to the usual / clunky players.

I had not considered a DD option, my model is an annual £150 so i will look at this, thanks

Both Stripe and PayPal offer both online and offline payments. Nothing wrong with mixing but it isn’t necessary

Rachel

I was thinking that stripe would be better for onsite card payment as it does not have any charge unlike PayPal

Biggest pain is consolidating the Stripe transaction in Freeagant where as Paypal can be set up as an account with transaction automatically imported.

Yes i did consider consolidation issues but its definitely a secondary consideration to having the best best user experience / conversion.

cheers_drive

Why is it important to not require a credit card “selling to the continent”?

Rachel
    Many people on the continent (Germany in particular) do not have credit cards so they can use a Pay Pal account that’s linked to their bank account.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Payment Gateway – Stripe & PayPal’ is closed to new replies.