Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Paying to report a fault – ebuyer/toshiba rant
  • Fantombiker

Bought a Toshiba laptop 8 months ago on ebuyer, used it to run my business. Totally failed on Saturday, probably the motherboard.

Went to phone ebuyer and realised I had to pay per minute for the priviledge of calling them to report the fault…..waited 15 mins before being fobbed off to Toshiba.

Similar story at Toshiba “Customer Services” had to pay per minute to call them, waited 15 mins then after being put through, their phone lines went down and I had to queue again for 15 mins, got through….then just about to give them my details and the phone went down again forcing me again to the back of the queue. At this point I almost threw laptop through the window. All in all i waited 45 mins to report a faulty product at my cost.

Moral of the story, don’t buy Toshiba laptops, and I am going to avoid ebuyer.

Interesting post script…. I then went onto Ebuyer to post my unfavourable review of this laptop, nothing rude, but a factual report of my issues…guess what? they haven’t posted it!!! So another moral of the story, don’t think reviews on Ebuyer are the full story!.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Which Tosh?

Stoner
    Free Member
    Fantombiker

Toshiba satellite L730…..13″ screen…..Think I’ll go for a macbook next time….I just hope Apple are more reliable and have better customer services!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i spent an hour in apple store last night with my phone due to a failed update – the update ate up all the memory on the phone

Apple store fixed it on the spot – ok it took an hour of waiting about but still i think thats good service.

Aidy
    Free Member

Toshiba satellite L730…..13″ screen…..Think I’ll go for a macbook next time….I just hope Apple are more reliable and have better customer services!

haha!

[edit] http://www.flickr.com/photos/twoshortplanks/576345349/ [/edit]

luke
    Free Member

At least yours was in warranty, mine was 14 months old and the motherboard went, nearly as much to fix than to buy a new laptop, last time I buy a tosh laptop, at least fingers crossed the telly has lasted a bit longer.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Reconditioned Macbook here, running for 4 years (touch wood), no flaws apart from our old router didn’t want to correct at first. Apple care is free for a bit and you can get it for 3 years if you like.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Buying laptops online just like buying bikes online and not from your lbs. Not great customer service, but (and i know this doesnt help) if you’d got it from a local shop, though it would of cost more, they would of needed to sort it, rather than lots of premium rate phone calls.

shindiggy
    Free Member

multimeter on the motherboard, soldering iron, jobs a good un,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Paying to report a fault – ebuyer/toshiba rant’ is closed to new replies.