Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 297 total)
  • Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

Im new to this but what exactly are you guys paying 90-250 for?

I think that is a sensitive issue

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wonders if reading the thread would answer that question 💡

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought this was about the US Secret Service in Columbia…

totalshell

love the fact that whilct reading this thread the weightwatchers banners rolls across the scree..
    perhaps there is a lesson in that.. man up and join the grandmas at the local church hall.. we re all cake munchers after all

slimjim78
    Free Member

Im new to this but what exactly are you guys paying 90-250 for?

Im my case, no traning plan, no diet plan, no verbal communication.

I keep hearing that Dave is a decent guy (he even says so himself) and to try and cut some slack, but as eluded to above, he would do his reputation no harm by getting to the bank and refunding monies owed to people.

I for one certainly can’t afford to lose £250 for nothing. It took me ages to decide to take the plunge and I had to go into debt to pay for this service, mainly on the strength of positive testimony from other members on here and some seemingly sound science.

Im getting married later this month, I could really use my money back.
    Soon I think the only option will be for all out of pocket parties to get together and discuss legal proceedings.
    £90 may not sound much to many people, but club all these figures together and it starts to look like iDave is living it up on us.

SamCooke
    Free Member

I was once in a similar situation a few years ago, had the rug pulled out from under me andended up owing a few people a similar sums. The problem is your first reaction is to look after you and yours. Yes i owed money, but i didn’t have it imonew it was killing my reputation, but i couldn’t breing myself to send off £200 quid which i owed, knowing that this would just get me deeper and deeper into trouble. It didn’t end well.

slimjim78
    Free Member

no reponse as of today, anyone else get lucky?

slimjim78
    Free Member

for those concerned about iDave’s well being, I can confirm that he at least seems to be alive and healthy, judging by his Twitter stream:
    https://twitter.com/ffflow

However, his email system is clearly dysfunctional. apprarently.

khani
    Free Member

Surprised by the lack of a reaction on this, anyone else would have been slaughtered by now…( As Realman was)
    , He can twitter but not respond, or refund.. 😯
    STW hypocrisy??? 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Personally I had great service from iDave.

I’m suspicious that there aren’t more people complaining on this thread.

MrGrim

Why are folk still putting up with this and just whinging on here about it? The guy has taken your money and fair enough he has had some stuff going on, but he is still running a business and has taken your money and not provided the goods. If that is him posting on Twitter then he is obviously taking the mick out of you.

My advice for what it’s worth (very little) is to MTFU and take it to a small claims court. It seems that’s the only way at this stage since there has been continued promises and no refund or delivery of goods.

Love how the usual STW mob defend their hero purveyor of chub loss. As has been said, if this was anyone else the lynch mob would be in full action and posting up addresses and bank account details along with inside leg measurements of the offender.

jota180
    Free Member

I think the only option will be for all out of pocket parties to get together and discuss legal proceedings.

Check it out but I would have thought separate Small Claims Court proceedings would be better
    It’ll be held in your local court, if it gets that far, and is pretty much a fixed fee process

wwaswas

I’m suspicious that there aren’t more people complaining on this thread.

But like all ‘retailers’ it’s how you deal with things when they go wrong that counts, not when it’s all going swimmingly?

iDave has said he’s had major problems with all sorts fo stuff. Why he can’t just refund the people who he has (through no fault of his own it would seem) let down is the issue?

hamsolo
    Free Member

Can anyone lend me a mint sauce key ring iDave diet sheet?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iEdit

bigyinn
    Free Member

I dont get this at all? Where is iDave? Where is simjim’s money? Where is the witch hunt?

billyboy
    Free Member

The one positive as I see it, is that at least this website gives you a little bit of room to share your grief around. At least iDave takes a bit of flak publicly for behaving like this. Hopefully folk reading this won’t be giving him any money now.
    I think it eventually has to be small claims court. Then you get a judgement…..but do you get your money without loads more effort after that?

There are loads of piss takers out there taking advantage of this farcical merrygoround.

Did I ever tell you about a geezer called Rob?

khani
    Free Member

I dont get this at all? Where is iDave? Where is simjim’s money? Where is the witch hunt?

I know..It’s like some STW alternate reality, without bombers 😯
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU[/video]

slimjim78
    Free Member

Update – iDave has responded to me via Twitter, I have now received an email from him stating he will clear this up today, im still not sure if that means he intends to refund but he has confirmed receipt of my details.
    I will update again once i’ve received a refund.

Raindog
    Free Member

I had an email weeks ago promising refund. Don’t hold your breath.

atlaz
    Free Member

He’s been too busy riding his bike to sort out mundane things like refunds

slimjim78
    Free Member

i’m trying hard not to agree with you atlaz.. benefit of doubt is expected to fully deplete with approximately 48hrs.

jwt
    Free Member

If you get a CCJ or small claims judgement from a ‘group’ action, could you then not sell that debt on? You’d get something back and someone else would be chasing the debt.

gary

Maybe I will get a response to all my unanswered emails. I won’t be holding my breath though.

Edukator
    Free Member

I now no that my decision to not post on Twitter was an excellent one.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Well, was promised a resolution today… have heard nothing. have emailed and tweeted him, despite a dozen tweets from him today mine is currently unanswered.

Im hoping others owed money by him may tweet him too as I get the impression he doesn’t want his hundreds of followers to see the negative side of his services.

He’s been too busy riding his bike to sort out mundane things like refunds

x100

SamCooke
    Free Member

Really very disappointed in iDave. I’d thought he was one of the good guys.is there anyone left whomwould still defend him in light of whatnhe has done or failed to do?

spacemonkey

Hmm, I’ve abstained from commenting on this because I too thought Dave to be one of the good guys. If no-one is getting answers now (several weeks on from Dave’s proposed settlement update) then IMO Dave has to set up a new webmail account, notify everyone they’ll be refunded and then either do the decent thing online or toodle off to t’ bank.

Fair enough, there may be ‘only’ a handful of £90-£250 clients on STW and they may well only form a tiny percentage of his income. But that’s no excuse – they’ve paid up front and received nothing but sh1t service. So Dave, sort it out. Enough damage has been done to your rep on here – which you may not care about because the bulk of your earning comes from elsewhere. Either way, that stinks. Stick your hand in your pocket and sort it out.

You can happily spend time tweeting every few minutes but can’t send/receive a few emails? That’s BS IMO.

EDIT: I didn’t enjoy writing this post because I genuinely believe there’s a lot of sincerity in the iDiet (and some of Dave’s opinions on general fitness etc). But what FMO is seeing the hypocrisy of Dave’s Twitter stream happily updating every few minutes/hours … Living it up in France just recently eh?

marknicols
    Free Member

This guy was good enough to email his idiet when I asked, I thought he was a good bloke but really what he is doing is out of order.
    Just had a look at his twitter feed, he is taking the pi** out of anyone he still owes money to.
    I’m amazed this thread isn’t 10 pages long yet and he isn’t being flamed. Weird

salad_dodger

Thieving scumbag then?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m amazed this thread isn’t 10 pages long yet and he isn’t being flamed. Weird

Not really weird, Dave has fostered a lot of goodwill through his dietary/lifestyle stuff. Enough to buy a pass for a certain amount of bullshit, or at the very least lengthen STW’s notoriously short fuse.

…he does seem to be putting this particular fire out with petrol, rather than water, though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m guessing he hasn’t refunded you all as he CAN’T and keeps hoping he is going to get the money from elsewhere to pay you hence he keeps fobbing you off.

Edukator
    Free Member

Nearly but not quite, Jamie, TSY has fostered a lot of goodwill. iDave is mates with TSY so I ignore most of the fad diet stuff rather than upset TSY.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Is tsy in touch? Can we gain some insight through him?

jota180
    Free Member

I’m guessing he hasn’t refunded you all as he CAN’T and keeps hoping he is going to get the money from elsewhere to pay you hence he keeps fobbing you off.

I know he’s had serious financial issues in the past, maybe they’ve caught up with him again and he simply can’t bring himself to face up to it?

bruneep

He should come out and say so then. His reputation or lack of it now can only be restored if he posts up why he’s been unable to refund. There does seem to be a lot of he’s a regular so it will be all ok attitude. I’ve seen other posters get flamed for a lot less than this.

At present he is another name to add to my don’t deal with list.

SamCooke
    Free Member

I know he’s had serious financial issues in the past, maybe they’ve caught up with him again and he simply can’t bring himself to face up to it?

I don’t imagine cycling about in France for few weeks, is the best way of dealing with serious financial issues. Still, I imagine those who got stiffed would like to spend their hard earned on a bike tour, this way they get to do that, the only downside is that it seems to be someone else’s tour.

jota180
    Free Member

Indeed

MrGrim

I don’t imagine cycling about in France for few weeks, is the best way of dealing with serious financial issues.

It is if it’s work related and if there’s a pay cheque in the end. If he does have financial issues then honesty with the people he owes money would be better than ignoring them.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 297 total)

The topic ‘Paying for services then not getting them – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.