Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Paying for insurance for Courtesy Car
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

My wife has a car that we bought less than a month ago with 6 months warranty from a main dealer/franchise.

It had to go back because of a problem with the boot. This was ‘fixed’ but now it has another problem with the boot – the wiper now doesn’t work and the tailgate glass opens when driving.

It was booked in for Tuesday, but last night both the Engine Management light and an audible alarm from the dash started up – these are both constant now when driving.

She has arranged now for the car to go in on Sunday, and they’ll give her Courtesy Car until at least Thursday, but they want her to arrange her own insurance on it. Is this common? I’d assume their vehicles would be insured, and I don’t see why we should pay while they fix the faulty car. Is this common, or are they trying it on?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And she’s just been quoted £61 until Thursday! FFS, she only pays £240 annually…

I feel a call to the dealer tomorrow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve had this before (with BMW) and had to arrange it myself through my own insurance, despite arguing the toss. To be fair, my insurer (Tesco) only charged an administration fee of £15 or something. Getting a courtesy car was like getting blood from a stone in the first place. Feckers they are!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Paying for insurance for Courtesy Car’ is closed to new replies.