Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Paying a garage for internet advertising
  • london_lady
    Free Member

A garage has had a vehicle of mine for 10months without a successful sale.
    I have managed to sell it privately but the garage has told me that they need to charge for their internet advertising.
    Has anyone had this before and if so roughly how much was it please?

tomhoward

Did they sell it for you?
    Did you agree how much you would pay them if it sold (figure/%of sale price) or have you paid anything up front?

I’d be telling them to walk…

london_lady
    Free Member

No they did not sell it for me and I cant remember agreeing a price for internet advertising but then it was 10months ago……the only thing I can remember agreeing on was they take 10% of the sale price if they sell it.

AlasdairMc

Did you agree a sale price with the garage or did you set that?

If the car didn’t sell yet it was being advertised, price was the problem, and therefore whoever set that could be liable.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

If the charges were not pointed out to you at point of sale, if you did not sign anything agreeing to those terms, then I don’t think they have a leg to stand on.

If you DO remember signing an agreement, and you’ve lost it, ask them for their copy of it.

Otherwise, don’t worry about it.

london_lady
    Free Member

Originally I wanted them to buy it of me but they offered me a price lower than I was prepared to accept at the time.
    They advertised it at the current price which is acually more than I wanted for it and they have not been able to sell it.
    I have a nasty feeling that he is going to try it on and ask for a ridiculous amount of money.

aracer
    Free Member

He can ask what he likes – if he doesn’t have a contract saying he’s entitled to it, then it’s just a lot of hot air. If this is new to you, then unless it’s buried in the small print of something you signed presumably there isn’t a contract for this.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Long walk off a short pier for the garage I feel..
    (If it’s not in the contract the garage is talking utter tosh – ask them to show where you signed up to that.)

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you didn’t sign a contract they are going to struggle to get any money out of you.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Tell them to **** off. Obviously their “internet advertising” was shit if they didn’t manage to sell it. So why would you want to pay for it!?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Paying a garage for internet advertising’ is closed to new replies.