Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PAYG USA to UK Calls?
  • irc

I’m currently using a PAYG Giffgaff sim in my dumbphone. Going to the USA for 6 weeks later this year. I’ll be calling home fairly often as I’ll be in areas where I may get a phone signal but not any wifi access for my netbook.

Giffgaff is £1 per minute USA – UK.

What’s the best PAYG sim for me.

(I know I could start searching all the offers but this is STW. Someone will know the answer!)

simon_g

Three do “Feel at Home”, including on PAYG, in the US.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

So 3p a minute if you’re just topping up and paying for calls, or included in bundled minutes if you’ve bought an add-on.

poolman
    Free Member

I m on orange world at 1 cent per minute to uk fixed line, not sure if avail on payg though. 15c connection fee.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    irc

Thanks. Three will do me.

iolo
    Free Member

Whatsapp calls on the data plan or wifi of the phone. No other cost. Just make sure you’re calling a mobile phone.

irc

Turns out my phone (Nokia C1) is too dumb for the Three network. Needs to be 3g compatible.

Maybe time for a new phone. Budget Smartphone perhaps. Motorola G4?

thecaptain
    Free Member

I did three feel at home on a recent trip to USA. Worked ok-ish for phoning, internet access was a bit ropey, probably it bounces the bits over the atlantic twice. But certainly far cheaper than anything else we could find.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PAYG USA to UK Calls?’ is closed to new replies.