Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Payg SIM for eu travel
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Going to be spending some time in Europe this summer and my current payg is a bit pricey on roaming. What’s good for this? I know some let you use bundled minutes within the EU, that sounds good. Ideally rolling 1 month or just credit, don’t want a 12 month lock in.

andrewreay

I can vouch for 3.

Picked up a monthly contract before I went abroad to roam for free.

The service was faultless and didn’t cost me a cent more than the line rental (data included but not tethering).

There is a 30 day notice period, but I got hard sell when I went to cancel.

2 slight snags:

1) coverage of free roaming is not EU wide. Germany is excluded for example, but Italy France and Switzerland are all in.

2) rental starts part way through a month, so that 1 month period averages nearly 6 weeks.

On balance I’d do again. But now there are other options like Tesco and iD who offer monthly contacts. Although not sure these yet include free roaming like 3.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Would it be worth looking at something like Three? Not used it myself, but it’s the same cost to use in certain EU countries as the UK. Do rolling month as well.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

birky
    Free Member

I recently moved to Tesco rolling monthly. You can use your home allowance of mins, texts and data abroad till sept.
    http://shop.tescomobile.com/homefromhome?icid=Home-Brand-Home_From_Home-C2

grantway
    Free Member

Just back from Alicante my best advice is to get a sim over in the Country you are in and will be cheaper and better coverage.
    I used my iPad cell version (EE) and purchased a bolt on from them and Yogi they rode off the back of was crap it ran like the first internet which always gateway ended.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Payg SIM for eu travel’ is closed to new replies.