Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PAYG Mobile internet
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

For several reasons (mostly that I'm possibly going to be spending a bit of time in hospital in the coming months) I'm considering mobile internet for the laptop. I'm not sure of how good value mobile internet on a PAYG is, indeed is it good value at all? Usage away from home would be just idle internet surfing and forum/Facebook use, so I couldn't see me needing a big data allowance.

Suggestions/advice anyone?

pacemaker
    Free Member

The big question is can you safely use a mobile phone on the ward, as that is what mobile broadband is.

I have a 3 contract mbb dongle at it does as it says on the tin.
    My daughter who lives with the ex has a PAYG one on 3 and she is on it ALL the time, only uses about £15 a month for general web surfing, any major downloading is done on my Virgin home connection (20mb)

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Would likely be using it off the ward, but the issue with phones & hospitals is very overplayed – the hospital in question doesn't have a problem with mobiles anyway, those hospitals that do are often those with the extortionate "patient line" type contracts anyway. robably more likely to use it on the outpatient visits TBH.

£15 a month isn't bad, is it?

retro83
    Free Member

just disable automatic updates on your lappy or you'll could be wasting the comparatively expensive bandwidth. I've got a vodafone 3g dongle and it works pretty well. There's a little app which tells you how much you've got left and so on

mrmo
    Free Member

i am using a three dongle and have no problems with it, not as fast as the home network, standard "upto" 8mb, (no idea how fast it actually is). Only thing i would raise is whether there would be coverage where you need it to work, think of all the network problems with a mobile and the same will apply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PAYG Mobile internet’ is closed to new replies.