Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Pavement driver ordered to wear 'idiot' sign in Cleveland
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20252212

CAN-YONERO!!!!
    Floella Benjamin dishing out some old school justice, good job.

compositepro
    Free Member

so will cyclists also be ordered to do the same??

DezB
    Free Member

how the **** is that even remotely relevant?? Go back to pistonheads where you belong.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Floella Benjamin

Ha ha! Makes me feel old.

compositepro
    Free Member

its relevant when you see a **** cyclist riding down the pavement

DezB
    Free Member

I only saw a car

Coyote
    Free Member

Bit of a difference between a BFO 4 wheel drive and a bike, no?

mikeconnor
    Free Member

So a cyclist riding down that bit of pavement would be in the same league of dangerousness as a massive 4×4 going considerably faster there?

DezB
    Free Member

I reckon Mark Green has signed up for a STW account..

compositepro
    Free Member

it would be dangerous both ways no? …

martinhutch

Thought for a moment you were talking about Teesside, where a sign saying ‘idiot’ would denote above average mental prowess…

brakes
    Free Member

is Teesside in Cleveland, or is Cleveland in Teesside?

sc-xc

Floella Benjamin

What do you call a Playschool presenter with a flexible front-bottom?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

And she’ll be back on the roads after a just a few months- insane.

eddie11
    Free Member

Teesside is within Cleveland but straddles north Yorkshire and county Durham.

Moses

Teesside was the county name from the mid 70s to 80s, I think.
    It was reorganised in Mrs T’s day to break the power of the local council. (Along with a number of other regional county changes)
    Cleveland includes a lump more of N Yorks and also Hartlepool.

alex222
    Free Member

it would be dangerous both ways no? …

In your opinion which would be more dangerous would cause more damage to a human? A push bike with a ride weighing 80kg travelling at 20mph lets say; or a Jeep Cherokee weighing 1600kg travelling at 20mph lets say?

martinhutch

Is there a treadmill involved? If not, I’m out.

alex222
    Free Member

Is there a treadmill involved? If not, I’m out.

Hell yes there is.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Teesside was the county name from the mid 70s to 80s, I think.
    It was reorganised in Mrs T’s day to break the power of the local council. (Along with a number of other regional county changes)
    Cleveland includes a lump more of N Yorks and also Hartlepool.

He’s right, geographicaly it’s a fairly obvious bit of land north of Yorkshire as the NYM’s just end at Guisbrough (hence the cleve’d bit). Like most British costal towns there’s bits of America named after it.

compositepro
    Free Member

like I said both would be dangerous regardless )I ride a bike and drive a car but the general consensus is “folks on bikes can do no wrong and its ok for us to do it as long as we can point a finger at another bigger **** idiot” I see plenty of folks skipping the pavement into the path of pedestrians and in all honesty even if shes a thick cow from the states ive never seen anyone do it in an SUV and honestly some riders dont give dont give a flying **** as long as they get where they are going, (im sure if it was your child in a pram that some dickhead slammed into you might see things differently)

DezB
    Free Member

folks on bikes can do no wrong

Are you new here?

I still fail to comprehend why, when a video of a stupid woman in a car doing something stupid is posted, your first thought is “Well cyclists are stupid too”… I just don’t get it.

jonba
    Free Member

Flippin dog walkers should keep there dogs under control and not stretch the leads out across paths!

orangetoaster
    Free Member

how the **** is that even remotely relevant?? Go back to pistonheads where you belong.

This is in the States which also prosecutes pedestrians for J walking.

A system that’s equally harsh on all road users.

Similarly, in Germany, offences committed whilst cycling earn you points/bans on your driving licence:

http://road.cc/content/news/11644-germany-drunk-cyclist-gets-15-year-cycling-ban%E2%80%A6-and-skateboards-too

And in Ireland too:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/injured-cyclist-gets-driving-ban-for-breaking-red-light-2228117.html

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That’s a bit unfair on Floella Benjamin, she was never the size of that Judge.

29erKeith
    Free Member

The few cycle routes near me are nothing more than narrow poorly maintained pavements with the odd blue sign along them.

There’s a section on my commute that is a pavement and not a cycle route which is twice the width of said “cycle route” and in great condition which I use most days 😯 and I’ve not come close to hitting a ped’ yet! 😉 🙄

So I’m safe on one and not on the other ❓ Quite frankly I’d argue the opposite is true in this scenario.

Cycle route/pavements design, designation and suitability and is an utter nonsense in a hell of a lot of places, probably due to the fact that the party’s involved in implementing them have no idea/don’t care about cyclist and haven’t ridden a bike since they were children.

My father in-laws a local councillor and told me that one of the utterly useless go nowhere and dangerous cycle routes they put in was done because they had!! to spend the money on cycle route and frankly just stuck one in where it wouldn’t be in the way and as it turns out is of no use to the vast majority of cyclist in the area who would no doubt have rather the money was spent in a danger hot spot which there are plenty.

Common sense and mutual respect is all that’s required when using pavements on a bike (not all cyclist do this unfortunately). If only car some drivers could learn the same on the road with us.

driving and 4×4 down a pavement is another thing all together

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

looking stupid in Cleveland is a way of life

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

your first thought is “Well cyclists are stupid too”… I just don’t get it.

I do – some are and 1 in particular leaps to mind on this thread

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Pavement driver ordered to wear 'idiot' sign in Cleveland’ is closed to new replies.