Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Paul's cycles
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just wondering what people’s experiences are. Are they good to deal with? Thinking of buying the following on finance to replace my Giant Stance.
    https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s183p6920/GIANT-TRANCE-27-5-2-2016

geoffj

I bought a Giant road bike from them and it was completely uneventful – as in they did what they said when they said they would. I’d use them again.

stevied
    Free Member

Mate bought a Cannondale from them.
    Not sure what sort of check it had before being dispatched but lots of loose bolts, wheel and fork issues in the early days.
    Mostly resolved now but took a fair bit of effort on my mates part chasing up etc

cp

bought my anthem from them a couple of years ago – no problems & bike came quicky

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I bought a frame from them last year & they were excellent. Great price, comms were spot on & arrived promptly. All in the original manufacturer packaging & well protected. They’d be my first choice if I was buying another frame as the price I paid was a complete steal.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Bought a kona from them back in 2009. No issues with purchase and bike arrived ready to ride.

Had a warranty issue with the forks which they sorted with no problems.

dubber
    Free Member

Never had a problem when I brought my old GT …. was a fair few years ago mind.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Bought my Trigger from them. Decent build quality, but the rear SLX brake leaked pretty much from the start.

I emailed them, got a fast response and it was exchanged no problem.

I’d very happily use them again.

nealglover
    Free Member

Same as everyone else. Bought both our bikes from them and they did exactly what they said they would.
    Minimal setup needed, everything worked and delivered when they said it would be delivered.
    Very pleased and will buy from them again.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

So pretty good them with some niggles. Have ordered from Tredz in the past (two bikes) not had a problem.
    But looking through Paul’s cycles they seem to be a bargain. Always wanted a Trance and for £1499 not to be sniffed at.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Bought an anthem from them 3 years ago. Arrived quickly and no issues. What you want really.

mark90
    Free Member

Bought an Anthem, arrived quickly. Had a cross threaded stem bolt, sorted quickly. Would buy from them again.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Looked at the Anthem also nice bikes. Do they come with front wheel removed and handlebars removed?

mark90
    Free Member

As I recall mine was bars and front wheel removed. It was certainly in the original Giant bike box with all the expected manuals/bits & bobs.

wheely
    Free Member

They’re a proper bike shop as well as a cheap web outlet. Got my Trigger and a Giant from them. Quick delivery (although has to be delivered to card holders address only). Back up service good when I returned my LEV dropper for warranty work.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Bought a large trigger 4 and opted for the wrong size. I covered the postage and they sorted me a medium. Also helped me out when cannondale didn’t want to know.

vongassit
    Free Member

Bought my current Anthem from them & the service was perfect. I am currently pondering the same bike as yourself from them , but then I spotted the Merida one Forty 700 & it seems to spec better. Cant find much out about them though.

I wish they would both go out of stock to settle it.

My Anthem came in a Giant box & bars , wheels, etc were all unassembled.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bought a Cracknfail Jekyll from them that did indeed crack, no hassles with warranty.
    Bike was originally delivered really well packaged.

Would deffo buy from them again.

nairnster
    Free Member

Bought a bike from them back in 2001. No problems.

Good to see they have kept up their excellent service.

stu170
    Free Member

I’ve had 2, one bought in person, and one mail order, both transactions completely uneventful. They have a very good workshop, that’s got a 6 week waiting list last time I was in

Harry_the_Spider

Bought 2 of my bikes and a load of cycle to work ones when I ran our company scheme from them.

Absolutely no problem.

pictonroad

As a young lad growing up in a Norfolk a trip out to Paul’s cycles was an occasion to be treasured. Their old shop had wooden steps that were preserved in GT85 and cycle oil. The smell was intoxicating.

Bought a Claud Butler Vitara there, huge oversized purple downtube, what a bike. Emptied my post office savings account for that beauty.

Glad to hear they’re still going strong.

hooli

I have and was very happy. A few from our regular night ride have too and there have been no issues, in fact they went above and beyond on some warranty stuff for one of the bikes.

zilog6128

Bought two bikes from them already, great service, would definitely buy another. In fact this thread has had me looking at the discounted Cannondale Habits they’ve got in stock!! As said they’re a proper bike shop too, I had a minor issue with one of my bikes (my fault due to unfamiliarity with Leftys) so phoned them up & they passed me straight over to a mechanic in the workshop who was able to sort me out right away.

DezB
    Free Member

Cannondale Habits they’ve got in stock

Demo’d a Bad Habit on the weekend – Paul’s Cycles was first place I looked at prices! (Would buy from the shop that did the demo (Hargroves) if I was going to splash the cash though.. only fair!)

binners

Another of the bargain Trigger owners here. Had a problem with the dropper, which they sorted under warrenty, no problem. I’d definitely buy from them again

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

I’ve had a good experience too. Bought my old Jekyll off them, and it was very well put together. Better than most bike shops I’ve used!

joolsburger
    Free Member

The trigger I bought snapped first time out. I had a new swingarm fitted and returned at their expense in less than a week.

They’re excellent. New trigger has been good as gold and is holding up nicely.

J

jamj1974

GT85 and cycle oil

I know just what you mean… Love that smell.

wideboy
    Free Member

Same as above, no issues, delivered as promised.

Boxed as factory.

As for the friend with loose bolts etc, tbh i’d be checking everything on a new bike regardless of where it came from…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Paul's cycles’ is closed to new replies.