Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Paul McCartney
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Soda, you've lost me mate – a Jamaican dad says to his kid, "eat all your rice n peas and jerk chicken son" ?

But anyway, back on topic. I wasn't aware that McCartney was banging on about eating veg. I really need to keep more up to date with what the celebs are saying.

Like what Slapper does.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Calm down soda – he called you gay not 'homosexualist' for pete's sake!!!

sodafarls
    Free Member

"homosexualist" – where was that bit then?

I made it up and in a free society that should be irrelevant. On repeated reading of Ernie's "potato outburst" in the context of my fellow Irishman TankSlapper and my good self,(being Irishmen who have between us suffered under at least 750 years of British oppression of all sorts) I think that as an ex-colonial my reading of his "Potato outburst" (as it shall from now be known) carries the same veracity as that of a Muslim from Pakistan abused by a police officer on the streets of Whitechapel, London, with an insult including a reference to curry. Or the same incident in Brixton, with fried chicken taking the place of Jerk chicken. And the fact that Ernie, although of foreign stock would consider himself "British" and therefore part of the British, the historical oppressor of my "Ethnicity" and is comfortable to use Racist slurs in the context of The Irish, well, that turns my stomach and makes me want to go back to university so I can learn to write articles in the Guardian about how bad it is.

tankslapper
    Free Member

MMmmm! 750 years of oppression, is this the same oppression that the Red Indian has been subjected to for 400 years by Paddy or a different type of oppression, I'm confused….

sodafarls
    Free Member

It's 750 years between us…I've suffered, personally, at least 329, and I'm a bit younger than you…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You appear full of hate and bigotry Soda. Clearly your comment, "after being called a potato munching homosexualist" suggests that you find both homosexuals, and potato lovers, repulsive.

And yet, there really isn't anything wrong at all with being gay and enjoying potatoes

BTW : " And the fact that Ernie, although of foreign stock would consider himself "British" Where did you get that from ?

tankslapper
    Free Member

my bunions are hurting I've gotta admit. 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

He is shite but wants everyone to regard him as 'national' treasure with god like status.

Shite!

😆

tankslapper
    Free Member

at last the answer!!!

sodafarls
    Free Member

"Clearly your comment, "after being called a potato munching homosexualist" suggests that you find both homosexuals, and potato lovers, repulsive. "

I have no compunction in loving either potato enthusiasts, nor homosexuals.

I find it hard to accept potato related ethnic insults from a self avowed Britisher of French stock who would prefer to be hunting frogs with a net and bucket behind the toilet block of the local Labour party headquarters whilst avoiding the great conundrum of the 21st century, ie, "my neices, are they Chinese?", instead of doing something that a decent man would do with his time.

I apologise for the long sentence structure.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

a self avowed Britisher

Not me mate – I've never sworn allegiance to Queen Elizabeth…….. nor any of her successors. Unlike Slapper.

I apologise for the long sentence structure.

That's OK mate. And just to show no hard feelings. Here's a picture of an amusingly shaped potato for you.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Ok, no hard feelings my snail munching frog chewing British passport holding friend!

Anyway, are my neices Chinese? If they consider themselves Chinese, does that make them Chinese?

Ps, what did you do with that spud? I hope you used a bit of goosefat and made the most of it.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Did you know that one in five people in the world are Chinese? So which one is it? In my family there's me, mum, dad my younger brother Colin and my older brother Liu Xiang, but I'm pretty certain its Colin.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

British passport holding friend!

Wrong on both counts. None of Her Britannic Majesty's passports have ever bore my name. And I don't one either. As soon as you are given a British passport, they take away all your social security handouts and free accommodation. Unless of course you're a Muslim. In which case, they carry on the the handouts on the grounds that you're not proper British. And if you're a fanatical Muslim, you get extra allowances on top. Apparently.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm feeling the love and dearly want to post but I think it's best leave it for tonight…I can't figure out who I want to fight, who's drive I want to tarmac and who I want to pour milk all over, add salt and butter and mash to bits…

"Twas on a dreary new year's eve, as the shades of night came down…."

sodafarls
    Free Member

(so Ernie says)

"British passport holding friend!

Wrong on both counts. None of Her Britannic Majesty's passports have ever bore my name. And I don't one either. As soon as you are given a British passport, they take away all your social security handouts and free accommodation. Unless of course you're a Muslim. In which case, they carry on the the handouts on the grounds that you're not proper British. And if you're a fanatical Muslim, you get extra allowances on top. Apparently. "

(So I says, whilst eating a potato)

Crazytown!, as my white Australian friends would say.

So what do you do when you are going to foreign lands?

Please accept my most insincere apologies for everything, I didn't know you were Muslim.

samuri
    Free Member

There's no way that potato above is real. For a start it's hugely larger than my cock and balls so it must be a fake.

Anyway, Paul McCartney…. Scouser first and foremost so you need to take that into account, but ultimately, not a bad chap at all. He shacked up with Linda for a bit which sadly screwed him up (and obviously it pales into insignificance against Lennon meeting Ono and breaking the band up), for as lads by themselves, they were pretty good blokes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what do you do when you are going to foreign lands?

😕 Obviously you are under the impression that only those who travel in the Name of Her Majesty, are able to pass freely without let or hindrance. The clue to this little conundrum is in the fact that it is called a "passport" and not, what would be much more correct English, "portpass". So despite the cunning dropping of the "e", it betrays the fact that passports are not a uniquely British consideration. Indeed much like the telephone, the sufficiency of the system works very much on the basis of "corresponding parallels". HTH

sodafarls
    Free Member

"Obviously you are under the impression that only those who travel in the Name of Her Majesty, are able to pass freely without let or hindrance. The clue to this little conundrum is in the fact that it is called a "passport" and not, what would be much more correct English, "portpass". So despite the cunning dropping of the "e", it betrays the fact that passports are not a uniquely British consideration. Indeed much like the telephone, the sufficiency of the system works very much on the basis of "corresponding parallels". HTH "

All quite correct, and I thank you for the clarification.

I'm still puzzled however about what this has to do with Islam, fanaticism and benefit entitlements…and even after a goods night's sleep I still cannot decide whether my nieces are 50%(Anglo-Norman-Celt)Irish/ 50% NewZealander, or Chinese.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

All quite correct, and I thank you for the clarification.

Well I'm surprised that you found it 'all quite correct' when clearly "the sufficiency of the system works very much on the basis…." makes no sense at all. What I obviously meant, was "the efficiency of the system works very much on the basis…." which vaguely makes some sense. So your inability to distinguish obvious bollox from vaguely correct statements, might help to explain your confusion concerning your nieces racial origins.

sodafarls
    Free Member

"So your inability to distinguish obvious bollox from vaguely correct statements,"

I do believe that you will find that the meaning was clearly implied and quite reasonable to assume. I thought it impolite to draw attention to your mistake.

Since you are around and in the mood to shed light on all manner of topics, perhaps some clarifiation of the link between your passport and fanatical Islam could be forthcoming?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Please. No more! 😡

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought I already had Soda……..only foreigners and British Muslims, receive enhanced social security handouts and free accommodation in large detached houses. Don't you ever read the papers ? Anyways, I'm off to rub shoulders with asylum seekers now – as I need to get some olive oil from Lidls.

sodafarls
    Free Member

"I need to get some olive oil from Lidls. "

As I suggested above, goosefat would go much better with that potato, although I suppose it depends on what you are using it for.

And please whilst rubbing shoulders with the asylum seekers, try not to make any ethnicity related food type insults. They may not offer the same level of understanding and forgiveness that you may becoming accustomed to here on STW.

Travis

Linda was okay.. she even sponsored a Road Team for a while..

No Meat Roadies or something like that 😀

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

apparently he sleeps with his eyes open!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ANYWAY back to Paul Macartney.

MrK mkII – Member

died in a car crash and the pmc as we know him is merely a record company-sponsored imposter?

Blimey! You must be as old as me. And from a certain peculiarly furtive sub-culture back in the day…

I never met the man, but a couple of mates played in his touring band back in the 1990's and I got to go backstage a couple of times.

He laid on a fabulous backstage entertainment area (there was absolutelyno reason for him to go to the trouble/expense) and his missus did the home-cooked buffet, which was really tasty, even if you were a meat-eater.

Sure, his talent has faded over the years but so what? With that back-catalogue, it's hardly a matter of national mourning.

Give him a break. He's a guy who lost the love of his life and made all the classic middle-aged-blokes mistakes afterwards. Proves he's human, at least.

chewkw
    Free Member

ANYWAY back to Paul Macartney … Give him a break. He's a guy who lost the love of his life and made all the classic middle-aged-blokes mistakes afterwards. Proves he's human, at least.

Unless he is your friend then that's another story but he is still shite with all those singing and celebrity ego though.

All those who sing or say "do you know who I am because I am a celebrity" Sssshiiiiitttteeee!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Stop worshiping the celebrities!

They are human …

Worship some green aliens instead.

😈

genesis
    Free Member

Didn't Jacko buy the back catalogue?

chewkw
    Free Member

genesis – Member

Didn't Jacko buy the back catalogue?

It's Jacko and Jacko is dead.

😈

genesis
    Free Member

and him being bankrupt (and dead) I guess Bank of America now own them 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

…Bank of America now own them.

So it might belong to the American tax payers if the bank was bailed out by the people?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Stop worshiping the celebrities!

They are human …

Worship some green aliens instead.

Erm… no, still no idea what you're going on about… 😕

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Paul McCartney’ is closed to new replies.