Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)
  • Patrol or Reign?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Yeah I cable tie the two together. The gear cable is fine, just the brake hose. Will whip the caliper off tonight to see if I can persuade the hose to live closer to the chain stay.

jamj1974

I’ll post a pic of mine later and you can see what it’s like.

poah
    Free Member

mine – obviously I don’t have the internal tubes like the carbon does which may affect the angle

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks poah.

This is the best I can do, the hose seems pretty close to the spokes/rotor when the bike is static but as the shock compresses the hose moves further away from both.

Ps I can only apologise for the patio/lawn/plastering in the loft.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That’s what mine looks like – cables are zipped together under the BB – no issues with it moving though – bigger ziptie on the chainstay as tight as possible to keep it tight?

fathomer

My Scout’s brake hose is exactly the same and not had any issues.

Lovely bike by the way!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks lads.

Stopped the hose moving now with a bit of insulation tape on the hose at each cable stop so just wanted to check the clearance was normal. no matter how tight I had the cable tie previous to adding the insulation tape the hose moved but now it stays put.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thought I’d update this.

A few upgrades, cranks, pedals and chainring along with a couple of other bits and the weight is down a bit. I’ve put another couple of hundred miles on it and still love it.

I resisted the temptation to go for shorter cranks and stuck with 175mm and I’m glad I did.

Still lacking in confidence but it is slowly coming back. Looking forward to frost free rides.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lovely photo. We love an update.

I can’t let the wheel/logo alignment pass though

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, I tried wonky alignment at first but couldn’t leave it be 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Patrol or Reign?’ is closed to new replies.