Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 250 total)
  • Patrol or Reign?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Did you thread the hose starting from the seat tube or head tube end jamj?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I think you have to do it from the HT end, the chances of hitting the hole on the seat tube end is almost impossible.

I had forgotten the rage of the dropper post routing, it’s fine until it hits the underside of the linkage & you can see it, or get to it. I later found it it’s apparently possible to remove that whole section to make it easier, no idea if that was the case or not – eventually I managed to get it sorted.

chiefgrooveguru

So this internal routing is a good thing, why? 😉

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

apparently possible to remove that whole section to make it easier, no idea if that was the case or not

Do you mean the little U bend at the bottom? It looks like it’s moulded. Will whack the bore scope up there tonight out of interest (the frame that is).

So this internal routing is a good thing, why?

Take your smugness elsewhere!

poah
    Free Member

I did my brake, dropper and gear cable from the back forward.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

So this internal routing is a good thing, why?

It looks nice?

Otherwise it’s a complete PITA!

prezet
    Free Member

The carbon one is annoying – designed for brakes the US way around.

I think it’s only the UK that has our brakes around the wrong way isn’t it?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Nope.

We ride on the correct side of the road/trail.

It’s the rest of the world (bar a few exceptions) that are wrong.

chiefgrooveguru

I think it’s only the UK that has our brakes around the wrong way isn’t it?

Every motorbike on the planet has the front brake on the right, and most cyclists who also ride motorbikes have their bike brakes set up ‘moto’ style – which is the UK way around.

The backwards approach for bicycles used by countries that drive on the right is due to the (flawed) logic that your dominant braking hand should be the one that isn’t used for indicating when turning across oncoming traffic – flawed because the front brake is a damn sight more effective at stopping than the rear brake.

chiefgrooveguru

I’d be interested to see the brake set up on all the WC DH pros’ bikes – I bet most of them are UK style. Wouldn’t fancy switching between MotoX our way around and Euro/US bicycle brakes!

SirHC

Gwin: http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb13363328/p5pb13363328.jpg

Brosan: http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb13561730/p5pb13561730.jpg

Both ride motocross. All the brits are running as normal, Loic is also left side front brake, minaar is right side.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Blue have you built it up yet? Interested to hear how it is to ride in comparison to the Spitty as I’m trying to decide whether or not to change my Spitty at the moment and the Patrol was something I’m thinking about.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Not yet I’m still waiting for a few bits but should be ready by next weekend.

Had a lot of fun on my spitty so it has a lot to live up to.

jamj1974

I started at the head end.

jamj1974

Windwave have released a video today on Facebook showing how it can be done more easily. Silicon spray into the tune and remove the main rocker pivot to be able to push the cable to help it to locate.. seemed a lot quicker.

typer
    Free Member

Some interesting reading in this thread. Just built up a 2017 Patrol and I’m really pleased with how it’s turned out. First ride this weekend 🙂

jamj1974

^^Very nice!

typer
    Free Member

Thanks matey

jamj1974

The colour coordination of your fork and wheel decals looks ace!

typer
    Free Member

Thanks, have to thank Slik for that 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I was going to do the same but I’ve opted for the stealth approach! Nice looking bike.

Mine will be ready sometime in the new year at this rate.

Any link to the video jamj? I was speaking to the very helpful Dan at Windwave last week and he described a similar method to me.

typer
    Free Member

Thanks it’s turned out much better than I expected if I’m honest. Slik were brilliant when it came to colour matching the frame, it’s a perfect match.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I did my spitfire in a similar vain, the colour match was spot on.

jamj1974

Let’s see if this works…

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aDerfkTFPmk[/video]

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Hurry up and finish it Blue, I’m dying to hear how you find it versus the Spitty.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s well nice Typer. Can’t even criticise the lawn!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Great stuff jamj cheers.

Will get a move on ultimateweevil, desperate to find out myself!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Needs a leaf blower or a rake to tidy up those autumnal leaves is about it really 😆

typer
    Free Member

lol, cheers lads. Yeah leaves need clearing up and the decking could do with staining but I’m happy with it 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Anyone know the torque setting for the seat clamp bolt for the carbon Patrol? Nothing on Transitions website.

This things actually in danger of being ridden this weekend!

Simwit

Slightly off topic but are any of you Patrol owners 5’6″ish? What size frame are you riding? I am thinking of getting a 2016 medium frame that’s on sale but as ever I am on the cusp of sizes & there’s nowhere near to throw a leg over one to try out.

parkstar
    Free Member

seat clamp torque wont be specified by transition…. though if you are running a reverb, its MAX 7nm, or it wont return

SirHC

Carbon assembly paste if you can’t get the frame to grip the post at the max torque

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cheers lads!

7nm and carbon paste it is. Will have to feed the cable back in and slide the reverb out to get some paste in there just in case.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I think the term is b*stard tight.

Mainly because the seat clamp is crap.

typer
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but are any of you Patrol owners 5’6″ish? What size frame are you riding? I am thinking of getting a 2016 medium frame that’s on sale but as ever I am on the cusp of sizes & there’s nowhere near to throw a leg over one to try out.

If it’s any use I’m 5’8 with a 30″ inside leg. I’m on a medium frame with a 380mm 125mm drop reverb…… the reverb is inserted as far as it will go and it feels bang on size wise. I think I may have struggled on a medium if my inside leg measurement was any shorter.

Simwit

Typer, that’s exactly what I needed to know thanks. Looks like I’ll have to pass on that frame then 🙁

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Sorted now. 6.7nm was too tight as the Reverb was sticking, back down to 6nm and its fine. Plenty of paste in there so fingers crossed.

I notice they’ve changed the seat post clamp to face forward on the new frames and the slot on the frame no longer lines up with the slot on the clamp, did Transition have trouble with them previously?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Simwit, could you not run a 100mm Reverb? I’ve always ridden mediums but I’ve gone for a large Patrol.

poah
    Free Member

Simwit – Member

I run a 125mm reverb on my small suppressor but its just at my hight. If my legs were shorter I’d have to use a 120.

Medium is not an issue because the seat tune is longer so you can slide the post in further. I’m the same as you and went with a small.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Patrol or Reign?’ is closed to new replies.