Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 250 total)
  • Patrol or Reign?
  • jamj1974

This is mine.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

After a three hour round trip to a shop that had both medium and large in stock I’m shocked to say I’m going for a large. Had to get off it twice to double check it was a large, even with the 50mm stem and 800mm bar it didn’t feel too long. I’m 99% certain I will have room for a 150mm dropper on it. Does anyone know what length dropper comes on the large factory builds?

It was a 2016 alu but as far as I can see the geometry is the same on the 2017 carbon frames?

I am 5’9.5″ and I would be squashed on a medium patrol. I went for the large and run a 35mm stem, likely going to go for a 40/50mm stem soon.
    I am in Macclesfield bluearsedfly if you wanted to try sitting on a patrol c in large.

Thanks for your offer Rick, much appreciated. Shane I didn’t see it earlier.

poah
    Free Member

150mm will fit on a large

jamj1974

I know I could fit a 150mm on my large but I have a 34″ inside leg. In my pictures I have a 125 fitted and that has a significant gap between collar and clamp. 150mm may be borderline if you are a 32″ leg.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, will give it a go. Sat on a large Bronson a couple of weeks ago and that had a 150mm dropper with a slightly longer seat tube and that was fine fit wise so I’m hoping it will fit.

Frame ordered this morning so with any luck I should be able to start building it this week.

jamj1974

Keep us posted on how you get on.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Will do.

Nice looking bike btw, was really tempted by the raw but I always end up getting black so picked the blue instead.

jamj1974

Cheers, it was a hard choice between blue and raw for me. Blue looks great. I’ve just posted on a thread about downtube protectors. The Trek Remedy 29’er one fits – from Triton Cyles.

Ha! Didn’t notice it was your thread I had responded to! Doh!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Rodney you plonker! Thanks.

Is everyone sticking with 160mm forks? I’ve ordered a 160mm Lyrik but interested to hear what everyone is running.

jamj1974

Mine are 160 – I did consider 170, but 160 feel great. Feels very balanced and for a long’ish travel bike and I think it’s pretty agile too. Certainly better on tight singletrack than my old 2007 Enduro that it replaced.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

170mm 36 on mine.

ddmonkey

170mm Lyrik on mine. Was riding DH tracks in Morgin the weekend before last, did an all day ride today up and down near Morzine, and didn’t feel limited by the bike on either occasion. It’s an impressive machine, I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun with it!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

It’s here 🙂

The finish is amazing, looking forward to building it up. Just need the invisiframe kit to land.

Ps big thumbs up to Bikeactive.

jamj1974

Nice one! Invisiframe did a good nob on mine! Protection so far seems excellent.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Photots when you can 🙂

RickDraper
    Free Member

Here is mine, great bike, just does it all well.

jamj1974

^^ Nice!

beer247
    Free Member

It’s here

The finish is amazing, looking forward to building it up. Just need the invisiframe kit to land.

Ps big thumbs up to Bikeactive.

Slight thread resurrection!

After you’ve ridden your Patrol a few times – check your pivot bolts.

I’ve just spent half a day trying to locate a knocking noise that was driving me mental. Turned out to be the main pivot bolt!

Seat and chain-stay bolts need nipping up every now and then as well!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Read of that a few times now, going to remove them and add a dab of loctite.

Will stick a pic up when I eventually get it built (can’t wait).

jamj1974

Yes definitely loctite those pivots!

https://vimeo.com/160012465?ref=em-share

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

That’s a great link, thanks jamj 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Second checking pivot bolts I had some that needed some extra loctite which should help that. Just gave the bike a once over before work so it’s ready for what looks like a wet ride tomorrow!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

How are you all running your reverb remotes in your patrols?

There are two hose guides on the left hand side of the frame and one on the right. If I want to run a reverb remote upside down on the left I can’t cross the hose in front of the head tube as my rear brake will take up the only right hand hose guide?

poah
    Free Member

right hand on the left under the bar with the routing going in the right hole

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Ahhh now realise the right hand hole is reverb dedicated. Thanks.

So the reverb crosses the head tube, the shifter crosses the head tube but the rear brake won’t cross over?

poah
    Free Member

Rear brake in right hole with reverb with rear shifter in left hole

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Is yours carbon or aluminium poah?

Only reason I ask is on my carbon the right hand hole leads to a little U bend in the bottom of the seat post to direct the dropper hose up/down.

poah
    Free Member

alloy – it has no internal guides like the carbon does.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The carbon one is annoying – designed for brakes the US way around.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Bloody crack handed Americans!

Looks like the cats due a shoeing.

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member

That’s be my biggest grip with internal routing…. have an ebay carbon harstail int he shed at the moment and it makes me want to kill

poah
    Free Member

Hob Nob – Member

I take it both brakes go down the left side then

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Brake and gear down the left, reverb down the right.

Makes me want to poke myself in the eye.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, such a simple thing – so annoying.

Ironically, the Reign you had the choice!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’d describe the routing on the reign as ‘exquisite’. The ironing isn’t lost on me.

In the balance of what I wanted it’s a small price to pay. And I remember certain people pushing me to the patrol!

jamj1974

The dropper routing had me swearing.

poah
    Free Member

was piss easy to do on the alu version

jamj1974

It couldn’t have been any worse than the carbon. 😉

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks for letting me know beforehand lads, very stw 😆

jamj1974

To be fair – I had kind of blanked it out!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Patrol or Reign?’ is closed to new replies.